TI-84 Programming

South-Titan

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone here have a TI-84 or TI-nSpire?

I can give you the code to stick in to the calculators, all you have to do is press the buttons and test it. In fact, have these two formula codes for free.

Code:
Input "Side A:",A
Input "Side B:",B
Disp "Side C:"
Disp ?(a^2+b^2

Input "Side Length:",A
Disp "Area:"
Disp A^2

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Yeah, TI BASIC is known by pretty much everyone who wants to use it.

Also, it's usually easier to pythag things manually then through a program.

Also, little heads up: Disp outputs can be comma'd, ie:
Code:
Disp "Area:",A^2

South-Titan

Reaction score
Alright. Someone gave me a dollar for my programming a few TI Basic programs onto his TI-84, and another guy gave me a stack of cookies. The third person said he'd give me a dollar on Monday.

My school is apparently oblivious to the wondrously easy programming language.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
You call that easy!? :eek:
Very much so. It's really just an extension of the TI-83/84's math input syntax. If you can use a TI-83/84 and you want to learn TI BASIC, all you need to do is understand that it reads down the programs line by line and learn what some functions do. It's FAR easier than any other language I've ever learned, anyway. The cost is that it's slow and not very powerful, which is OK for a language which was built for adding functionality or easiness on the fly to a calculator. If you want a fast, powerful programming system for those calcs, you really have to learn the assembly language.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Very much so. It's really just an extension of the TI-83/84's math input syntax. If you can use a TI-83/84 and you want to learn TI BASIC, all you need to do is understand that it reads down the programs line by line and learn what some functions do. It's FAR easier than any other language I've ever learned, anyway. The cost is that it's slow and not very powerful, which is OK for a language which was built for adding functionality or easiness on the fly to a calculator. If you want a fast, powerful programming system for those calcs, you really have to learn the assembly language.

Yea, I've seen so many games for the TI's that beat some of the handheld games out there. o.o Someone recreated a good chunk of Zelda too.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't program games, but I make programs that help me finish my homework within minutes rather than 30 minutes. It's fun too.

South-Titan

Reaction score
See, I have 11 shape formula programs (pythagorean theorem included), charge, ph, quadratic equations, vectors, arcs, gravity, magnetic field strength, and something about log (never used it in months).

All of which were either made by me or co-made with my older (and smarter) brother. They're really easy too, because all you have to do is just learn a few commands.

1. Input (hit program, then go to the I/O and the first option)
2. Alphanumerics (Hit 2nd, alpha, and then all the buttons that have a green letter near them) and quotations (to make a string/message, or to allow the use of variables after inputs)
3. Disp/Display (Put in a string to display a message, plug in a formula to display the result of it
4. Commas (Put in the comma after inserting a string in input)
And for basic programming, you're good to go.

Code:
Input "Base:",A
Input "Height:",B
Disp "Area:"
Disp (1/2)AB

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.