XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Code:
Events
    Timer - timerChannelComplete[1] expires
Conditions
Actions
    Game - Display to (All players) for 45.00 seconds the text: Timer has expired.

Add an array to the variable.
this happened to me too. i just add an array

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
I dont get your trigger, does it run a trigger when a timer expires?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I dont get your trigger, does it run a trigger when a timer expires?

Whups. A little type error, i have fixed it now.

Code:
Timer
    Events
        Time - timerChannelComplete[1] expires
    Conditions
    Actions

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
can you post the trigger where u made the timer start (with all the start, create, show, etc... things)

That way, i can see if there is a mistake in soething else then this! cause i cannot find any mistake in this one!

And is your timer used in another trigger or anything?

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
can you post the trigger where u made the timer start (with all the start, create, show, etc... things)

That way, i can see if there is a mistake in soething else then this! cause i cannot find any mistake in this one!

And is your timer used in another trigger or anything?

The timer is used no where else. Here is the trigger where i made the timer:

Code:
Start Timer
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Start Timer
    Actions
        Countdown Timer - Start timerChannelComplete[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 7.00 seconds
        Set timerChannelComplete[1] = (Last started timer)
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Test

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Code:
    Actions
        Countdown Timer - Start timerChannelComplete[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 7.00 seconds
        [B][SIZE="4"]Set timerChannelComplete[1] = (Last started timer)[/SIZE][/B]
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (Last started timer) with title Test

Ok, first, try removing bolded trigger, is 100% useless since you tell the action to create a timer for your timerchannelcomplete[1], in that case, automaticly state that timerchannelcomplete[1] = to last created timer.

And create a variable for your timer window, set this variable = last created timer window. That way, you remove the window for the timer you created in your last trigger.

Try this and if it doesnt work, tell me what happen!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adding an array won't do anything. It's useless. (Unless you actually need the array)

You should first CREATE the timer, then set the variable, then start that timer using the variable. No wonder it doesn't work :)

Strilanc

Veteran Scripter
Reaction score
You need to initialize timerChannelComplete[1]. It starts off as 'no timer', and you can't make 'no timer' countdown.

aredee

Reaction score
try this

Code:
timer
event
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
condition
action
countdown timer - start (variable of your timer, it doesn't need "set variable" action, just a name, no array, only the tipe, timer) as a one shot timer that will expire in 7.00
Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for (timer name, with variable, same as above action) with title Test

if still don't work, maybe event and condition is the problem, because this trigger work perfect in my map, if you want, the trigger with event timer expire that i can imagine if it in your map is:

Code:
timer
event
timer - (timer name, the timer variable) expires
condition
action

it has different action in my map though, try it, and if it is working please give me +rep, i need it

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Code:
Events
    A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Actions
    Timer - Start timerChannelComplete as a One-shot timer expiring at 7.00 seconds
    Timer - Create a timer window for timerChannelComplete[1] with the title: ...
    Set tCCwindow[1] = (Last created timer window)
Code:
Events
    Timer - timerChannelComplete[1] expires
Conditions
Actions
    Timer - Destroy tCCwindow[1]
    Game - Display to (All players) for 45.00 seconds, the text: ...

Try this...

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score

You don't need this, it is useless to state this vartiable is a timer cause you say it in the first action when you start ''variable''.

Just erease this and see what happen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.