Spell TimeWarp (with Videos)

SanKakU

Reaction score
i think this would synergize nicely with fairie fire, wouldn't it?

imagine making the cast range of the spell global...then units with fairie fire on them would be really eager to get rid of it, for fear you would cast the wime warp spell on them at any moment.

could this be altered to give a buff to the units affected and when the buff wears off (perhaps prematurely due to dispell) the unit (configured to be optional, of course) starts going back anyway? this way the spell would always go off, but if it was dispelled right away, at least the effect would be lessened. just an idea. i'd look into the possibility myself but for now i'm looking at other stuff instead and you seem like you like your own spell/system enough to maybe add something more to it.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
I've actually been cutting this thing apart so things like this could be done with a tiny amount of effort, and I'm going to be publishing a big release soon (though what you describe could be done with the system right now).

SanKakU

Reaction score
I've actually been cutting this thing apart so things like this could be done with a tiny amount of effort, and I'm going to be publishing a big release soon (though what you describe could be done with the system right now).

i suspected that was the case. i really haven't looked at the code, just the video. i was lazy :/

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Huge update - this library is now known as Retro and will knock your socks off.

Perfect framerate while recording the coordinates of 130+ units while calling dozens back through time, no errors after many hours of bug testing.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Its cool.

One could even make some map about fighting time travellers, who use different time travelling thecniques for defeating their enemies...

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Alright, hit the size limit for a post so, to view the manual explaining this, click here.

This has been updated to the AIDS-based version with Transport, coupled with a built-in reincarnate-detection engine so the system knows to allocate/deallocate appropriately.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Base it off some other spell... You can hear the sound from the shadow strike. Other than that the spell is very cool.
Keep up the good work

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Aye, the Shadow Strike you hear is from the special effects added to the top of their heads, not from the spell I use (channel).

>> Simply out of curiosity, I wonder if Glimpse uses this.

Last I heard, Glimpse was named X Marks the Spot and it instantly teleported the unit back where it was instead of dragging it along the ground. If its current iteration has a drag-effect like this one, then 99.99% bet he's either using my script or re-written my script.

EDIT: Just saw a video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0p46u6o9gw) and the 'Glimpse' spell does not drag the unit back but teleports it back, so it is definitely not using this script ;)

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
I've been thinking about remaking this for compatibility for people who don't/can't use JNGP (ie. Mac users)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing I see in it is out of reach of on-mac-development (WINE JASSHelper should support it)

No object merger (although it has mixed success)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.