To die or to live?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I would be thinking of a way of preventing anybody from getting hurt at all. Because, honestly, you can't control who the person is going to shoot. Why would the guy shoot you if you tell him to?

Because it's hypothetical and therefore controlled?

Reaction score
How do we even know it would be someone with a gun? It could be a car accident for all we know. This thread sucks lol.

Varine

Reaction score
How do we even know it would be someone with a gun? It could be a car accident for all we know. This thread sucks lol.

When have you ever heard of someone that's about to run into your car ask which side you would prefer that they hit?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
This thread sucks lol.

LOL. It kinda does.

And Varine, it can happen. While not exactly "let me die instead" it might be "let me take the bigger hit. For example in a car, lets say another car is going head on to you (wrong way, w/e) and whichever way you swerve to, it's going to hit you. Choice is yours: Do you turn to the right and make the car hit you, having the chance to save your loved one in the passenger seat? Or do you turn to the left and let your loved passenger take the hit full on and you not take that much damage?

Reaction score
When have you ever heard of someone that's about to run into your car ask which side you would prefer that they hit?

My point exactly. They wouldnt. Thats why you would never have the choice if you wanted to die for your lover or if they should die. Thats why I said this thread sucks.

Varine

Reaction score
and whichever way you swerve to, it's going to hit you.

What happens if I stop?

My point exactly. They wouldnt. Thats why you would never have the choice if you wanted to die for your lover or if they should die. Thats why I said this thread sucks.

[YOUTUBE]Eum5Q_iTjxU[/YOUTUBE]

esb

Reaction score
Then you'd crash head on like I said, and most likely die.

Varine

Reaction score
ok so we get a random CoD4 clip. Thanks.

Yeah... proved your ass wrong.

ESB: Can you draw me a diagram so that I fully understand and comprehend the situation and then I can assess it appropriately?

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score

The philosophical question has nothing to do with taste. No one ever said so-and-so is going to get shot, ran over, buried alive, beaten to death, or suffocated. The two questions were vague and simple: "Would you die for the one you love? Would let the love of your life die?"

The answer can be either yes or no - possibly maybe. It's not a puzzle that has to be figured out through subtle hints. That's for Zelda; this is discussion.

We've gone way off topic, I think.

esb

Reaction score
Here you go. Did it in paint so it's a bit lame...

trashxb6.png

So, which way does the cookie crumble?
If one half of the cookie was you, and the other half was your spouse, and the cookie monster could only eat one half of the cookie, which side would you give him?

We should do like Hitler, and poison our wives if we die. Or force them to drink poison, w/e.

Feralex

Reaction score
I would give my life for my hypothetical loved one because i dont value life and especially my own as she supposedly would. I havent ever been in love so i dont know how i would feel at the moment, not to mention the drama of being at gunpoint. I think nobody can really predict what they would do.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Depends on what you think of death.

If you die your lover would (supposedly) miss you for the rest of his/her entire life. If you die the lover might be the one who suffers most, depending on your view on death (and maybe more importantly, his/hers).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Don't know if this is really on topic:
There is also another thing to consider.
Say Lisa and Ken is having a night out, and as they are peacefully walking down the street a robber jumps out from a corner with a gun.
The ususal give me your money stuff you know.
This can result in a few ways.

A. They give the robber their stuff and live to tell the tale.
B. They give the robber their stuff and he shoots them anyway.
C. Ken tries to beat the robber and tells Lisa to run away.
D. Lisa does the same as ken in C.
There are more options, but they are not neccecary for now...

Say Lisa has a necklace on her that she got from some relative that meant the world to her. Ken knows this and they don't want to risk loosing it if the police fails to get the burglar.
This would rule out option A.

The burglar does not really want to shoot anyone, he just want to get the stuff and be gone. This rules out option B.

Then the question remains, which one would run and who will stay?

If me GF and I would end up in this situation I would tell her to run and beat the crap of the robber in hope of surviving it all. I would litterarely go thru fire, over mountains and under the sea for her.
And for the fact that I have both ben stabbed and been in flames before does not make the desiscion harder for me either:cool:

And in this case it is not an option of which dies or lives, it is just a mere risk of death and not to big either.

On topic: I would definately choose to die instead of my GF especially if it was a really painful death. And even more if we already have kids. That is beacuse I already has expirienced a lot of things in my life and know for a fact that I take both pain and suffering better than she does. And that I don't fear death at all and that the only thing I actually am affraid of is to lose her.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Revolver is going with the whole
"Let the universe decide :rolleyes:"

Speaking I have never actually "fell in loved" with anyone yet, I couldn't exactly tell you so I would probably go with Rev's plan ATM :p

Cause you fall in love, no one ever fell in loved ^^

What do you mean by let the universe decide?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
this is more of a discussion cause i thought debates were prove point A or Point B
any way
i would die for my love [even though im not in love atm] just cause of who i am like for instance me and some friends had hiked up a nearby hill and it was step as shit and the way down we couldn't help but to start running the guy 3 or so feet in front of me tripped instead of trampling him i dove off to the side inadvertently into a cactus

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.