To die or to live?

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it for the sake of a booty call :p

I'd do it and she'd know a) that I died happy and satisfied that she would be okay under the circumstance b) that I loved her enough to do it

And she might be sorrowful for the event, but bottom line, we'd mutually agree I did the right thing.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah doing it for the one you love gives you a thought that you did the right thing.

Exactly. You feel better thinking that you would sacrifice your life for your loved ones. Put yourself in her (or his) place.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I'm guessing in love, either one would dive infront of a bullet for the other. Either one would give their life for the other if they could.
Love is hard to understand.

Reaction score
Exactly. You feel better thinking that you would sacrifice your life for your loved ones. Put yourself in her (or his) place.

So if you were in a situation you would want your lover to die instead of yourself? wtf. Thats just wrong.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So if you were in a situation you would want your lover to die instead of yourself? wtf. Thats just wrong.

Do you realize the sorrow your lover would go through? You would let your lover to go through that pain? Even if your lover thought It was cute. THEY WOULD STILL BE IN DEEP PAIN BECAUSE YOUR DEAD! Which I think is worst than actually just dying because you don't have to deal with that stress for the rest of your life. As the condition in the first post said. You don't re-marry.

esb

Reaction score
In that case, never do anything that may kill you, such as smoking, driving, etc. because it may kill you and your spouse would be in deep sorrow.

esb

Reaction score
You have the choice to not do things that may kill you.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You have the choice to not do things that may kill you.

....I don't think you get it. Doing those things are a standard of living. This is not. You are not expect to jump in front a bullet. Its like saying you don't have to get a job. Of course you don't but or else you would die. So existentially you have to get a job in life.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
THEY WOULD STILL BE IN DEEP PAIN BECAUSE YOUR DEAD!

I'm sure she would be able to move on after some time. Most all people do.

Reaction score
Do you realize the sorrow your lover would go through? You would let your lover to go through that pain? Even if your lover thought It was cute. THEY WOULD STILL BE IN DEEP PAIN BECAUSE YOUR DEAD! Which I think is worst than actually just dying because you don't have to deal with that stress for the rest of your life. As the condition in the first post said. You don't re-marry.

Yeah but then I would be the one in stress if she died. So its a lose:lose situation.

esb

Reaction score
Moral of the story, don't get yourself in those situations. And, really, how many of us would go "shoot me, not her" knowing 1. they person shooting would probably shoot her too, 2. You're gonna die either way, so might as well try to kill the person putting you in the hard spot.

Reaction score
Moral of the story, don't get yourself in those situations. And, really, how many of us would go "shoot me, not her" knowing 1. they person shooting would probably shoot her too, 2. You're gonna die either way, so might as well try to kill the person putting you in the hard spot.

"So its a lose:lose situation."

esb

Reaction score
but one lose is bigger than the other.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
What it comes down to is selflessness or selfishness; how do you interpret which you're being?

Selfish POV: the very THOUGHT of my fiancee dying and me never remarrying (which would be likely) is absolutely terrifying; my stomach actually quakes at the thought. Therefore, it can be assumed that I would rather be the one to die instead of living with the pain.

Selfless POV: As a couple that believes in the afterlife, how much pain would I face for the rest of eternity knowing that I would never watch my kids grow up? Knowing that my fiancee might move on, find love in the arms of another? This type of pain is FAR more absolute. If you live, you have choices; you may love again, you may see your children learn and live. When you die, your choices are limited only to the decisions you made in life, echoing on; and those only extend to that contained in your will, really...

Lose:Lose, yes... but is the lesser of two losses the better choice?

holy_spirit

Reaction score
It depends on the situation I think !
If the situation can be handled, then okay (we still a live :D)
else, I'll try to think in logical fast way how can we absorb that damage
if nothing works fine, then in last case I'm the man and yes proudly I say: I'm going to take that bullet

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I'll try to think in logical fast way how can we absorb that damage

Yeah there's not a very good way to absorb damage when someone shoots you. Besides, I think given the hypothetical situation, even if you were shot and lived, the guy would just shoot you again.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't think about saving anybody. I would be thinking of a way of preventing anybody from getting hurt at all. Because, honestly, you can't control who the person is going to shoot. Why would the guy shoot you if you tell him to?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.