To Wander in Wonderland

kelogsloops

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Entry for Alice in Wonderland Competition In June

To_Wander_in_Wonderland_by_kelogsloops.png

I'll begin with a biiiiiig sigh of relief of exhaustion, brain stress and overthinkage! I've encountered about a gazillion difficulties and gosh has it been hell to pass them.

Can you guess how manu mushrooms there are?

The initial idea was to show a scenery where Alice walks into a shamwowmazing scenery with stained glass butterflies, but then I realized using a daytime light with enhanced light effects is rather wonky, so I attempted something I'd never done before! A NIGHT SCENE 8D.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Very nice :O. All from scratch?

I really like the effects you've done. I personally can't do surreal for nuts as I think very realistically :p. There are a few things I can see that don't compliment the depth of the image, but it's supposed to be unrealistic, so it doesn't really matter.

GJ. :D

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There's something with the cards and castle in the background that's wrong. I love the foreground stuff though. especially the mushrooms.

edit: wait, is the moon a heart? dear lord.:p

kelogsloops

Reaction score
yep! ALL FROM SCRATCH! took about two sketches before i started coloring. thanks moridin! i kind of wished i coulda made it more of a painting, the lineart kind of destroys it :(

thanks nightshade!

issut cus theres barely any light on them? and yes hahaha the moon is a heart

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I want moar lighting effects! The butterflies' light play is almost non-existant! (This is my realism engine kicking it :p You can ignore it if you want to).

Though if you can draw this well, you really should take it forward :D. Go do awesome stuff!

Edit: also there are 62 mushrooms :p. I counted upto 57 and then added 5 for good measure.

kelogsloops

Reaction score
MOAR LIGHTING EFFX?! noway! i got too scared because there were TOO many i thought D:! well, if i were to focus more on the lighting effects i wouldve made everything darker.

Wow... looking back now, the image doesnt seem so dark at all!

hjaha thanks :)

BTW, would it be insane, but would you believe that there were approximately 150 mushrooms in this picture?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
BTW, would it be insane, but would you believe that there were approximately 150 mushrooms in this picture?
Lol :p. I'm guessing most are very very tiny.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heh, that's awesome!
You've got talent. :thup:

kelogsloops

Reaction score
!! thanks all you guys!!!!!!!!! 8D8D8D.

urm. i made it over a week, so im not sure but it took a damn lot of effort and time T_T.

urm. i posted some of my stuff in a gallery somewhere in the creativity section but idk where it actually is o_o

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Actually there are a lot of threads in that section, you need to specify how old are the threads you want to view, at the end of the page :p.

As for the artwork, it's really awesome! As you said, I think the lineart spoils the feeling a bit, but it's nice, nonetheless.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Lol you're right :p. I only had the last month's threads displayed....I was wondering why there were so few galleries lol :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.