Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

LotK

Reaction score
soo... updated
ineedaglompplz.gif

The_Knife

Reaction score
Boss Bug on lvl 2

After the first time I've played this game (and btw, it's a very good one) I get this bug: on lvl 2, the boss just dont show up, so the game gets stuck...
It's really boring.
And since I am here: also, when I killed one of the three bosses on lvl 5 (I think), I re-entered its lvl (by curiosity) and was not able to exit anymore...
Bugs can screw up a game for sure.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Great game. I just played it and I had only a couple of problems:

1. The cursor never changed. When I went to cast a spell I thought I hadn't clicked it as the cursor stayed the exact same. Please fix this if possible.
2. The text replaced the default text even after I quit the game. Not a real problem but was slightly annoying.

I still think that this is a great game though. Nice going:thup:

Sarj14

Reaction score
Just played it. I got to say I was impressed with everything, the terrain mostly. I got to the forest level with all those massed spiders and we died. :( To the more important part, rating!

Rating

Positives
(+)Terrain
(+)Hero Selection
(+)Abilities
(+)Heroes
(+)Quests
(+)Units

Negatives
(-)Spammed Mobs
(-)Lack of Boss Fight Spells

Rating: 8/10 Outstanding!

LotK

Reaction score

Negatives
(-)Spammed Mobs
(-)Lack of Boss Fight Spells

Rating: 8/10 Outstanding!

argh :D there must be more possible than just 8^^

so: well the boss fighting spells

there is only the assassin that can "really" fight bosses, so i understand your problem.... oh yeah and before i forget, i added a tome of thunder book a few versions ago to compensate it a little more

hmm.. which classes you had in your party? i guess no assasin eh? :p

Sarj14

Reaction score
No we had an assassin, it was (me)fighter, a barbarian, cleric, ranger, assassin, and a blacksmith or wizard... Can't remember. Yeah I mean, I do see some spells that the bosses cast like the bug one when you are collect the 3 shards to go on, he summons those beetles throughout the whole fight. But others just do nothing, which is not a good way. Overall, I thought the map was just outstanding like I said in my rating. Besides those 2 negative things, everything else was great. Good job!

LotK

Reaction score
oh wait, now i got you with the boss fight spells

most boss have spells or phases, only some have not..

when you play easy mode you certainly dont notice their spells that much, because the bosses die so fast
but if you try harder stuff, you will notice their spells..

Sarj14

Reaction score
Hm, I will try that, we were playing on Easy Mode I think. I'll play with a team on normal and will get back to you later.

Sarj14

Reaction score
I'll do both, just playing it with more people shows me how well it would do with a team of (# of people).

Edit: Played the game on a higher difficulty. I did see the change in boss fights. Harder and better! So that is good, but still the spammed mobs on that spider level killed us AGAIN. There is so many they just surrounded us and killed us. I don't know if it was just the groups I partied with or what, but take a look at that. Good job with this amazing map! If you play this map, I advise to choose a higher difficulty then Easy to get the full gameplay experiance! Good luck to everyone!

Overall: 9/10 Unbelievable!

LotK

Reaction score
I'll do both, just playing it with more people shows me how well it would do with a team of (# of people).

Edit: Played the game on a higher difficulty. I did see the change in boss fights. Harder and better! So that is good, but still the spammed mobs on that spider level killed us AGAIN. There is so many they just surrounded us and killed us. I don't know if it was just the groups I partied with or what, but take a look at that. Good job with this amazing map! If you play this map, I advise to choose a higher difficulty then Easy to get the full gameplay experiance! Good luck to everyone!

Overall: 9/10 Unbelievable!
well its you.../your party i never loose at that level :D

even if the healer leaves... (and i had that like several times)

and easy mode is just for new players, that dont know the map and the skill system ;)
you can (at least a bit) beat the game on easy mode, without knowing how to spend your exp points and make your hero really stronger

TheOnlyAce

Reaction score
Hmmm, i probably shoulda come back earlier and posted. Oh well. More text dump!

concentration. i might add a crit chance addition to it, but maybe you should think about this: it stacks with jewel of mastery!

Yes, i know, i did read through the entire map coding remember. It stacks with Jewel and it still sucks. The fact that it stacks with it doesn't mean that its not a horrible skill, they're independent of each other. The ranger's ancient also stacks with jewel and its permanent, nor does it cost mana and its not an ultimate either.

flash combo really needed that nerfbat... you might be right that it deals less damage than the fighters blade combo, but with the assassins crit possibility its worth more than it
flash combo is fine!!!!

It might of needed a nerf, but it did not need to be nerfed to do 1/5 the damage that it used to be doing. The main reason people said it needed a nerf is because most people are stupid, they only notice what's shown to them, they saw a large crit and figured that was imba. What they didn't know, because it wasn't spoon-fed to them, was that AoE spells did at least that amount of damage overall, before crits, if you sum all the targets they hit. They didn't figure that the ability is overkill against most of the units in the game or that the skill has a long CD and that it drains all the mana of the hero using it. Or that the people who got those crits had their ulti on at the time and often a pally and a cleric buffing them, thus producing those 'freak' crits, that were rare occurrences. Or that the class is very fragile, having not much more hp than a caster, having no skill based reason to level const, putting him in the same boat as most casters, cept that his skills are melee based for the most part, something even more problematic now that flash combo taunts everything to him. These factors were all missed by the people who complained i'm guessing.
Also, i'm not 'probably' right about the damage things. The numbers i quoted are 100% accurate. I'm one of those math prodigies, running numbers is a simple task for me and i ran them 4 times, just to be sure. Under optimal circumstances for the Assassin and maxed stats (which again, benefits the sin due to his better agi gain), before crit, the sin's Flash Combo does %64.55696202531645569620253164557 the damage that the Fighter's Blade Combo does. To be precise. I'll round to 64.56% for convenience.
If you factor in the crits assuming equal crit chances and assuming that Assassin always has concentration on and factoring in the difference in Blade Skill max (Assassin has slightly more max due to higher Blade base stat), the Assassin has 132.28% (rounded off) the crit multiplier that the Fighter does when both have no Jewel of Mastery and 125.98% (rounded off) the crit multiplier that Fighter does when both have Jewel of Mastery.
Again, running the numbers (using the numbers before i rounded, for more precise results), yields the sin's Flash Combo doing 85.40% (rounded off) the damage that the Fighter's Blade Combo does when both lack Jewel of Mastery and 81.33% (rounded off) the damage that blade combo does when they both have Jewel of Mastery. Of course, this was done under the assumption of 100% crit, as the chance of crit decreases, so does effect the different crit modifiers have on the DPS output. Also, the calcs were done under the assumption of maxed out weapons skill which is not always true since Assassin usually needs to pick out more armors than a fighter due to having a poor skill distribution which doesn't allow him to level const as much, thus, forcing him to get more armor and less weapons to compensate. Also, he's realistically going to have less focus than the Fighter due to the way the chars distribute skill points, so he's going to be critting less often. In other words, i ran the numbers above in the most favorable circumstances for the Assassin, beyond the point of realistic expectation. And it was still found lacking. Realistically in gameplay terms, you can expect the numbers to be around 69-73% of blade combo's damage throughout most of the game.
Then there's the Fighters ancient which leaves the Assassin's skill in the dust, the single extra blow being responsible for a whopping 9.3k extra damage in 1 hit, before crits. In which case, Flash Combo does 29.65% the damage that Blade Combo before crits, 39.22% with crits sans Jewel, 37.35% with Jewel. Again these numbers were run using the aforementioned favorable assumptions for the Assassin. Realistically, the numbers can be expected to be more around the 31-33% mark. I can crunch more numbers if you want, but i think it's clear mathematically: the Assassin's Flash Combo sucks very very badly when compared to the Fighter's Blade Combo.

fire wizard: well, maybe, maybe

Let me go into more detail on this, since i've played all the wiz classes a few times. Fireball is great all game and the ancient only makes it better. However, phoenix is only really good early but it costs a lot of mana to use often early and it does not scale at all, later on it's just a high armor (with const), medium hp, low damage, disposable tank. The HP needs to scale better, the mana cost needs to be somewhat lower for lower lvls, the base duration needs to be higher so the first few lvls are worth using and the damage needs to scale better with lvls.
The multiple explosion skill does pretty poor damage, even at lvl 10, i felt like i had wasted the skill points and attribute points and it scales very poorly early as well as being very random in terms of hitting the enemies you were aiming for.
The fire nova on self skill does decent damage but the aoe is low and the fact that it's only hits the area directly around you means that you have to get in close to use it, which is especially annoying when paired with the low aoe. It works good as a self defense when the tanks are busy and some mobs break off and go for the backline of casters, but thats pretty much where its usefulness starts and ends.
The ultimate is insanely powerful at early levels and insanely weak at higher levels. Needs to scale better.

ice wizard: thats why he slows the enemys........

I'd rather an arcane or lightning wiz which instantly kills most spawns rather than an ice wiz which slows them down for a little bit and other than that, doesn't do all that much damage. The only time a slow is noticable is during the last 2 creep levels (those demons that just refuse to die) and on bosses. But even in these circumstances, he is still vastly overshadowed by the raw power of the arcane and the lightning wiz, who will kill the later levels within a few seconds and slows on a boss aren't quite so useful considering the spells on bosses are generally half the challenge.
The slow is also pretty crappy next to something like the hex on the arcane wiz which is a complete disable in an aoe. Also, the AoE and the stat base of his skills leave a lot to be desired. Guile base on his most useful spell? =\
All in all, he's rather ineffective compared to the other variants.

crusader pala: someone got to be imba with normal melee attacks

First, no one has to be imba with melee. Good, yes; imba, no. Second, DPS is generally the DPS hero's job. You know, barb, sin, fighter. Not a support hero subclass. Not to mention i've seen this dude crit for 8k on melee attack and that was without jewel of mastery, there's a difference between 'good at melee attack' and 'doing more damage than most spells, every few hits'. That's just riddiculous. Also, his blade spin has a riddiculous AoE compared to something like the whirlwind on the Fighter, which is even worse considering this skill does 3x to demons. And all his skills are quite powerful, so its not like crit and the spin are necessary to carry the hero. This guy is only slight less imba than the lightning wiz was before, and thats only because the lightning wiz had the broken static shield that made him better than invul (he would heal from damage sources for those that weren't aware).

On a sidenote, barb's avatar needs to allow friendly heals to work on him, not being able to heal or buff the guy (buffs allow you to target him, but won't work) while he's in avatar makes it a useless ability if your party has a healer or a buffer.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i dont know if i am the only one to experience this but
while playing solo i got stuck in the third area.
the one right after the murlock boss
walking into the magic field did nothing
there were no enemies walking around
i dont know if maybe i neglected to do something but
i could not progress any further.

also sometimes visibility and clickability are lacking
coins are especially hard to click when they are on hills because they partially go underground. lot of enemies are visible before they are clickable which is quite annoying. also with the trees and line of sight blockers all over i often found that i couldnt see where items dropped and had to turn the camera often using the insert and delete keys, i also had to turn the camera to see the edges of each area to check for items.

i havent been able to play very far into the game to give much more feedback,

Xandaroth

Reaction score
Ugh. I love this map. So much to see and do with it.

My only question right now is this:
Is there a place somewhere that explains all of the map's systems and features in one spot, like a FAQ, tutorial, etc? Currently my curiosity is on how exactly the leadership points system works in detail (I want to play an advanced class!).

Joccaren

Reaction score
O.K, I'm getting better at this map. I've got to say I love it and have a lot of fun. I find I usually do better soloing as I have to constantly spend money ressing my Holy Clergy teammate as he just runs around getting himself killed all the time.

Sarj14, heres a tip: Play with only a small party and, after around stage 3, don't buy weapon upgrades. The smaller the party, the less chance you have of picking up an upgrade item someone you can use. This is good because you can sell these unusable upgrades for money. With this money, buy potions. I made it past that bug level solo because I had 16 concentrated life potions with my fighter. I ended up losing to the stone giant in the bonus level by around 800 hp cause, whilst I ran out of potions, he spawned creeps then death pacted them. I didn't have enough mana to constantly spin them to death so...

On hind site, I should probably have followed the story and tried to kill the demon instead....

One question, where do you use the ancient telebook? I tried every magic looking rock I came across but it did nothing.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Can you remove the leadership point stuff please?

Joccaren

Reaction score
Yeah, removing the leadership would be cruel to us who have played until they got (Or mistyped their code to get) over 10000 rank. Plus, why would anyone use the lower level classes if the higher level classes were available from the start?

what will any further updates (If there will be any) hold? also, where do you use the ancient telebook, no matter which magic-looking stone I use it at, nothing happens.

LotK

Reaction score
a few things on the new 1.17 version you can find here

i also added a short message that tells you, when you have to few players to enter a specific level... should make people report less of those "bugs" :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.