Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

LotK

Reaction score
i think so, feel free to try ;)

have not found time to test it on the new patch (and i dont wanna patch, because i still wanna PLAY maps :/ )

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Ok, I played this with you and got some feedback.

-Previer screen picture is awesome and cool, but loading screen picture is fucking ugly and has nothing to do with map at all.

You seriously need to get rid of that loading screen. If you dont have any ideas for better one, you can ask me, I already got one.

-This looks really good. Terrain, effects and custom fonts all are just awesome. :thup:

- Omni lights really make terrain look awesome. Saddly wc3 light engine sucks. You use too much omni lights, which makes terrain textures bugg. It looks terrible. Remove omni lights from heroes when there are light sources in terrain and only add them back when being in dark dungeon.

- You should add some easy way for players to change camera distance.

-Lagg. My fps was realy low in some battles. You need to optimize your stuff more.

But generally yea, I like it much. Good work and all. Especialy with terrain and athmosphere.

LotK

Reaction score
You seriously need to get rid of that loading screen. If you dont have any ideas for better one, you can ask me, I already got one.
Offer Accepted

- Omni lights really make terrain look awesome. Saddly wc3 light engine sucks. You use too much omni lights, which makes terrain textures bugg. It looks terrible. Remove omni lights from heroes when there are light sources in terrain and only add them back when being in dark dungeon.
Maybe

- You should add some easy way for players to change camera distance.
Why? They should not do that

-Lagg. My fps was realy low in some battles. You need to optimize your stuff more.
Well sorry to say, but you are the first one who ever tells me this and maybe you just got a bad pc... dunno

Nudl9

Reaction score
I think its maybe because of the high amount of polies on the screen while monsters are charging at you.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Why? They should not do that

Because current camera distance sucks. Then again some other guy might think that its just fine. This is why.

Well sorry to say, but you are the first one who ever tells me this and maybe you just got a bad pc... dunno

Could be. If this is the case you need to think, whether you want guys with bad pcs to play your map at all.

TheOnlyAce

Reaction score
I've been playing this game for quite a while and i've noticed that the that the upgrader chances for failure seem to be very much higher than their stated values. And the chance for a decent upgrade is also fairly poor, most of the time, we end up with only 1 upgrade, with some luck, 2 upgrades.

So i went over the code from it in your open source version. The WC3 GUI is a bit annoying to read personally, but i found the 'problem' so to speak. I say 'problem' because it was obvious from the source of the problem that, at least in part, this was intentional. The problem is there are TWO separate fail checks.
The first check is fine, it checks if the upgrade fails, no real problem there, the chances are precisely as stated. If the first check is successful, the script checks for a superior upgrade, the scripting which is again, fine as far as i can see. The problem lies in the check for a standard upgrade. Every stat has a 50% chance of being upgraded. If all 3 stats are not upgraded, this results in a fail (obviously). The problem is, there is a 12.5% chance of a fail with this. If you factor in the first check and run the numbers, this means that the current chances of failure are as follows:
Normal: 38.85%
Uncommon: 28.85%
Rare: 18.85%
Which is statistically, a VERY large increase in failures from the stated values.

What i recommend is making the chance per stat to be upgraded 66.67% (rounded off, so 2/3) for both normal and superior upgrades. This would mean that the stat increases per upgrader would be statistically more fair as well as the chance of a failure in the 2nd check being brought down to 3.70%. This would work out to upgraders having a chance of failure as follows:
Normal: 32.59%
Uncommon: 22.59%
Rare: 12.59%
Which seems more reasonable to me, as well as more accurate compared to the description, especially since the benefits of a success have been somewhat increased to compensate for the somewhat higher than stated chance of failure. In terms of coding, this would require absolutely minimal modifications, it took me all of 5 minutes to change everything for shits and giggles and i can't really work well with GUI (i've only worked with the raw JASS). If you want to know how i fixed it, just PM me and i'll send you the coding changes.

Oh and while i was in the editor, i noticed you have a bug concerning the use of Willpower to add to base_damage used for spells. Under the trigger Hero Skill Tree > Hero Levels.
When a hero levels up, it recalculates base damage using the equation:
base_damage = (Primary Stat + Current lvl of combat skill) x 2
Because this doesn't factor in Willpower, this means that every time a hero levels up, it loses all bonuses from Willpower to base_damage. Should be easy to fix though.

LotK

Reaction score
<long post>

That's the spirit dude!
i kinda know that the upgraders failed more than they should, but i never had a look ad it (was made by xenoche^^)

and about the second part: i noticed it once, but didnt know what was causing it

well thanks for that, it will be fixed soon and you dont have to PM me ;)

Handless

Reaction score
Hey,

Can i find anywhere the older versions of this map?
I messed my warcraft and have to play at eurobattle.net, but it has not yet the 1.24 patch so the newest version of this won't work and I would really like to play this great map with my friend..

Thanks,
Handless

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
so i guess you can wait 5 minutes on a loadingscreen...
(actually it takes like less than a minute to load, exept there is some slow guy in the game)

Sad, my friends own p4, they loads slow, anyway.:banghead:

Handless

Reaction score
Thanks but.. When i click that link there will be an endless amount of some programming language (i guess). Do i need to convert that into a working map, and if yes, how?

Edit: Oh, or have i just screwed my browser so it wont show that page correctly? (using newest firefox)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.