Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

LotK

Reaction score
thanks for your replys (it makes me think there are actually people playing this and it did not die yet)

i imported the old levels and i will import some others from MY wod map as they are kinda unused, but still nice

anyway, i will try to fix that bug i got since i added the tempest peak level
it has something to do with the war3skin.txt..... if anyone knows something about it, i need your help!
the next version will also have some graphical changes (not quite sure if i use another UI or cursor), but i changed the holy clergy skin, because i think it just looks... uhm *censored*

another thing i thought about was making some changes in the skill system
right now the maximum of skills is 25, but i plan to make all heros start with skill level 1, but have their own bonuses on them
like ranger has then 1 [5] focus or something and maxed 25 [29] focus
not sure if i implement this, because it is quite a lot of work :nuts:
but maybe it is the only way to make it even possible to play the game on nightmare difficulty :D

the next thing, with the new levels, will be sometimes alternating dungeons or bonus dungeons

ok and the last thing about hero customisation
i thought that you could chose your skills on your own...
like ranger (lets stay at this example^^) has her level 1 ability... wow..
but if you could choose of 3 different level 1 abilitys
eg: aimed arrow, doubleshot, quickdraw

the first time you level that ability up, you can choose one of those three abilitys and keep it for the rest of the game
well i know, its a HELL lot of work and imo too much for a simple wc3 map.... maybe if toj would go standalone... xD
besides that, it should get more hack and slay and thus more made for public (i just think that it gets too complex)
then i though i could do this only for the harder difficultys, but i dont really think its worth it

so... uhm :D i thought about a fallen paladin class that (as usually) you only get in random situations
planed is a damaging, summoning class (kinda like a necromancer)
level 1 skill would be <some evil sounding name>
that fires 1-10 skulls on enemys (depends on skill level) and that have a focus/10% chance to heal the whole party by 10% life or mana
then a basic summoning skeleton spell (or something like that)
ultimate would be timestop
for now, i made nothing of this, but the rest will just follow then... those are just first ideas
not sure if i still add the archivar... it would kinda require the advanced skill system (like a spell that adds 10 focus for blah seconds)

ok, enough with my plans, you mentioned a good thing... "Move and Camp"
im not able to change this in all levels, but to make some thinks more interesting i might add a timer that gives you a bonus if you clear a stage in time or that makes some other special things happen
like: go there, you got 3 seconds..... failed :D

i know there wont be comments on my thoughts (as usual) and im the only one who makes suggestions (as usual :D ), but it would be cool if you got your opinion towards this and tell me

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I like the terrain much ;)
I'll try to play this map soon, after fooling around with custom WoW logos :D

Sneakster

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the terrain while I tested this map. I think the fog really added a great feel to the game. How did you make the custom fog? It was great!

LotK

Reaction score
ok, as some people around here wonder how i made that fog i will tell you now

the basic fog can be done with a simple, but good tutorial
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/all-about-fog-94771/

to change the fog during the levels you need a trigger
first decide which fog looks best for your level and note down the color values and the z-start and end values
then the trigger

Trigger:
  • Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 500.00, z-end 3500.00, density 0.50 and color (50.00%, 50.00%, 20.00%)

kinda self explaining, just not the colors
they are RGB, which means red, green, blue
those 3 values you get from the color you picked, just that it is in percentage now

100% is 255
50% is 127
0% is 0

so all you gotta do now is calculate the color values your fog has to percentage... kinda not that hard

all you got to remember now is to change the fog while the player cant see it... in toj this is made when the screen turns dark at the end of each level

BioDiablo

Reaction score
another thing i thought about was making some changes in the skill system
right now the maximum of skills is 25, but i plan to make all heros start with skill level 1, but have their own bonuses on them
like ranger has then 1 [5] focus or something and maxed 25 [29] focus
emm, what?

the next thing, with the new levels, will be sometimes alternating dungeons or bonus dungeons
sounds nice

ok and the last thing about hero customisation
i thought that you could chose your skills on your own...
like ranger (lets stay at this example^^) has her level 1 ability... wow..
but if you could choose of 3 different level 1 abilitys
eg: aimed arrow, doubleshot, quickdraw
it's a no-no - it will result in a build that's superior to the one a first time player chooses, hence - you'll end up making it harder for n00bs

so... uhm :D i thought about a fallen paladin class that (as usually) you only get in random situations
scratch that - the map (as I still remember) was about teamplay not a player having an imbawtfpwnagehero and 1-shotting anything that approaches them (*/me thinks of Assassin*… hehe, yeah…)

interesting i might add a timer that gives you a bonus if you clear a stage in time or that makes some other special things happen
like: go there, you got 3 seconds..... failed :D
bonus - yes, fail in 3 seconds - no; I suppose there isn't much to explain for this thing, I mean, you think that random bnet nab will pay attention to some shitty timer, pheh…

i know there wont be comments on my thoughts (as usual) and im the only one who makes suggestions (as usual :D ), but it would be cool if you got your opinion towards this and tell me
in yo' face!

LotK

Reaction score
it's a no-no - it will result in a build that's superior to the one a first time player chooses, hence - you'll end up making it harder for n00bs

yeah i thought so too, but i could kinda make subclasses for heros only accessable in high difficultys

scratch that - the map (as I still remember) was about teamplay not a player having an imbawtfpwnagehero and 1-shotting anything that approaches them (*/me thinks of Assassin*… hehe, yeah…)
its just about a new hero....

fail in 3 seconds
think about the use of custom examples here ;)

LotK

Reaction score
a little spoiler for the upcoming version

will come out soon enough.... like in the next week

Changes:

Fixes:
•Fixed Tranq. typos
•Rebalanced harder difficultys
•Changed Heal and Manapots healing
•Fixed soundbug (thx to Skargoth)
•Fixed UI Bugs (food, gold, wood etc)
•Fixed Assassins "Concentration" Bug
•Changed some environmental things

Adds:
•Added 5 Stages
•Restored some old ToJ Terrain
•Added Items that increase spelldamage or healamount
•All healing is now displaced
•Added a new cursor
•Upgraded Skill System
•Added new Items for the Skill System
•New Enemy Class: Artificial (immune to crits)
•Added Aura for Demon Towers (Stage 10)
•Added new Trap Type
•Added Sounds to Bosses

Known Bugs:
none

msnkiller

Reaction score
ok hell i am playing this map almost every day atm...

but i think i found a bug..

were u get the void orb

and u need to charge it in....(cant remember the place)

anyway i cannot use the void orb to let the boss come.
so basicly im stuck in that area for ever...
im going to play it today again and i i get some good guys maybe i can get there again and say the exact name/quest.

hope u know what i mean and hope u can fix it in next vers

Zeshin

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been having the same problem as the above poster.

The quest is to survive the onslaught of the Shadow Realm and defeat the Lord of Lightning to charge the Void Orb. However, every time we encounter this quest, the Lord of Lightning never appears, and we remain stuck in that area for the rest of the game, unable to do anything else, essentially ending the game for us if we end up getting that quest line.

We thought that maybe the problem was that we weren't fully surviving the onslaught, since there would always be some units on an untargetable and unreachable part of the map which we wouldn't be able to kill. The units would actually be off the minimap and they would be too far for any of our spells to hit them. I hope you can address this issue, and thanks in advance for any help.

LotK

Reaction score
i never had that lol :D
but i know what you mean :)

if you saved the replay and the map it would help a lot

hmm i checked it and noticed a possible cause for that
will be fixed in version 1.07, for now you can just play 1.06 and go to the shadows edge first (not to any bonus level accessable in that area with demokles)

Zeshin

Reaction score
While playing through version 1.06, we've encountered another bug.

Sometimes, the stage's camera angle is different from what it should be. So far, it has occurred in the Murloc Wetlands and the Dead End; stages 1 and 2. When we get a different camera angle in these stages, the game always fatal errors once we try to enter the next stage.

We are not sure about this last point, but we have a theory that it occurs on nightmare, since every game we played on nightmare led to this bug, while all of our other games on other difficulty settings didn't have this bug arise.

LotK

Reaction score
its not a bug, its a feature... ffs :D

but i dont know whats about the fatal errors... it was never supposed to happen :(

ehm, guys, please tell me what version (the new wc3 patch) you used

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I just tried this map with a friend, it was somewhat easy with a babarian and a fighter until the keeper of the dead boss:eek:

Overall it is a really good map, the fades when entering a new area is get's a bit dull after a while tho.

It would also be great if you added some kind of save system or something, since it took us 2hours to get to that lord and now we have to start all over again to get there:(

And it would also not hurt with some newb info in the quest screen, like how to walk between areas and such, since it took a while to figure out that you had to be both players in an almost exact spot:eek:

This get's a thumbs up from me:thup:

Lurkerofdoom

Reaction score
Awesome game :thup: except idk if this was already mentioned but I got to the end with 2 others and after we killed incarnation of jarahcon in the inner arcaanum nothing happened and so we were trapped in the place.

we were playing version 1.06 - fighter, holy clergy, shaman - idk if that info might help or not

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.