Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

Saturos103

Reaction score
Hey, I enjoy the map, but I'm a bit lost on finding some of the bonus stages. I'd really like to see most of the stages, but I just can't find any. :banghead:

I know there's a random rotation, but the ancient telebook doesn't work on the monolith stone in the mountains.
Also, the only two I know about at the moment are the Murloc Cave and Bonus Stage 7.
Version 1.12b with a 4-man group.
Thanks in advance.

LotK

Reaction score
Thanks but.. When i click that link there will be an endless amount of some programming language (i guess). Do i need to convert that into a working map, and if yes, how?
(right click and save as..)

Hey, I enjoy the map, but I'm a bit lost on finding some of the bonus stages. I'd really like to see most of the stages, but I just can't find any. :banghead:

I know there's a random rotation, but the ancient telebook doesn't work on the monolith stone in the mountains.
Also, the only two I know about at the moment are the Murloc Cave and Bonus Stage 7.
Version 1.12b with a 4-man group.
Thanks in advance.

uhmhmm sorry, im nt gonna tell that :p
but not sure about that level, maybe its for 5 players or so, gotta check :S

Saturos103

Reaction score
Ah, so they are player amount specific then? That's kind of annoying, considering most of the game can be done with 3-4 good players.

I already have all the names of the Stages. >>
Even people here probably haven't been to them yet. Kinda hard to appreciate a map fully when you can't do everything within the quest line.

Handless

Reaction score
Oh cool, i got it.. Never imagined that it would work like that :eek:

But thanks a lot! (especially for making such a great map)

Saturos103

Reaction score
So I just played it with a different group of people than I had before. They say the map is fail because of the UI changes. Basically saying you fixed what wasn't broken.
Their main complaint was that the cursor didn't light up and that there were apparently crappy 'runes' put on the orc UI, which I myself didn't notice, but whatever. They also complained about the Diablo font and said that they favored Xeno's version to the new one.
I do suggest removing the cursor, or updating it so that it changes color when over something. And the font should probably be removed, as nice as it looks, because it carries on outside of the map. Aka, my map list is now in Diablo font, and due to those core changes, you have to restart Warcraft 3 to play any other game, because hosting another game and starting it instantly gives you a fatal error. I have yet to see these 'runes' on the UI though, suppose I should look harder.

LotK

Reaction score
sorry, i dont care about that ;)

there are no changes made to the orc ui (stop playing with guys that are high)
the game does not crash when playing other maps after toj and the font is normal in any maps (just not in the menus)
if they dont like the cursor they could fix that one

if they like xenos map more, tell them to play it :nuts:

Redagain

Reaction score
Hello LOTK,

Looking for a good & stable RPG with my friends, we tried your map.

This is very nice, but i only have one question :

when i load it says "code loaded", but the only thing it loads seems to be leadership points, and no stuff at all.
Is this normal or do we not get the actual point ?

Thanks in advance,

Red

LotK

Reaction score
thats the point at all :p

storing more information (like hero level etc) would only increase the code and has no real use at all
maybe im gonna remakre the code however, scince the system seems not giving the right values sometimes

i could add like some bonus exp, if you find a lot of secrets ingame or stuff :p

Dest

Reaction score
Sweet RPG. IS it okay if we can use some of your stuff from your unprotected map and credit you too?

Boboul

Reaction score
Hi dudes, I am new on this forum, and I am French, so don't blame me for my faults .

Your game is really great : funny, beautifull, well trigered ...

So, will you add some others heroes ?
For example a Necromancian ? An hero which can summon units on deads, with curses spells .

> As I saw on Northrend, Inquisitor Paladin and Inferno Cleric aren't consider as stupids/useless heroes .
And I quite agree : Inferno ultimate isn't interesting, his spells coultdown is quite high, and he isn't enought strong .
Inquisitor Paladin is too isn't enought strong : can you low the damages deal, but give an Aoe ?

LotK

Reaction score
inferno ultimate? :confused: oh you mean the clergy... well yeah i agree

and paladin is as it ment to be a strong guy for single units and demons, although crusader paladin has stronger spells than the inquisitor pala

the last days i was working on something like this: a new hero selection

but when i was done and everything looked good so far, i noticed that it disconnects the players -.- so i wasted 3 days on nothing :p

TheOnlyAce

Reaction score
As i mentioned in my previous post, i've been playing this for a long time. And the slowly degrading unit and spell balance is getting on my nerves. I must wonder if you've ever played your own game. While the numbers look half-balanced in the editor (although some shit is definitely not right), it doesn't seem to pan out anything like the numbers indicate, in the actual game, so there's probably factors in there that i've missed. Actually, a lot of stuff from the editor doesn't seem to add up from observed values ingame

To start off with, lets go to, by far, the most worthless class in the game: The Blacksmith.
It has good base HP and Str gain and thus, can tank. However, the hero is intel based, not Str based, so Str gain does nothing for him. His intel gain leaves much to be desired so he gains little in terms of base damage and his attack speed is abysmal along with his agi gain. So clearly physical DPS is not his forte. However, lack of agi also = lack of base armor. On top of all this lack, half his skills are really shitty, the best one probably being his Earth Slam since it's const based, but even as skills go, its not that great.
I don't know what the idea behind his ultimate is, the attack speed part looks fine, but the MS boost part confuses me. Ignoring the fact that the boost is overkill since the max MS allowed in wc3 is 522, i can't understand why MS might be desirable in combat (or at all in this game) considering the two heros that probably maneuver the most in combat (fighter and assassin) both have skills which grant them more mobility than MS boosts ever could.
Basically, the Blacksmith badly needs a buff. 1) He needs to be an str hero to make use of his only decently rising stat. 2) His Ultimate needs to be fixed, so does his flag carrier, those two skills are pretty useless at the moment. 3) His attack speed needs to be readdressed. On a side note, this guy also has possibly the worst hero specific Ancient item in the game.

Next up, the Assassin, currently coming in as the second worst hero. Personally, this was my favorite hero in the old game. Melee dude. Blinkty blink, stab, maul, maim, kill and best of all: clusterfuck bosses and high HP targets. However, his job got reduced to blinking back to cover the squishies at the back, occasionally going back to the front line and get overshadowed by every other hero, then sit around hitting something with his attack, which does more DPS than most of his spells.
Killer Blow: Not a bad spell, even if it doesn't seem to do as much damage as you'd hope for a pure damage, melee nuke. The real issue here though, is the base stat is focus, making this a secondary use spell at best considering the current stat setup of the assassin. This should be Blade Skill based based. After some ingame trial runs with that, it can be decided more clearly if the skill needs to be buffed or not.
Throwing Knife: I've come to the conclusion that the only time this spell is even moderately useful is in the first 4 stages. Beyond that, it's fairly worthless. Take the wizards Firebolt, a similar spell. Firebolt does similar, to greater damage has a cooldown half as long, has a range twice as big and can blow up in an AoE for even more damage. Compared to that, Throwing Knife is kinda underwhelming. The only reason it's worth getting is because for your other spells and your physical DPS, Blade Skill is a necessity, so might as well get the skill since you have to level its attribute and since your ancient buffs this. Take this skill off Blade skill attribute, put Killer Blow on Blade skill and for heavens sake, bump up the damage a bit so this skill is not so badly overshadowed by every other ranged nuke in the game (note: most other single target nukes also have some secondary effect whereas this is a pure damage nuke, so the fact that this skill does less damage than most other nukes while not providing any other useful benefit is nothing short of shameful).
Blink Strike: I have no real complaints here, its mostly a mobility skill if used correctly, the extra damage is just a bonus, so the skill does its job.
Concentration: Yeah this needs fixing. BADLY. Especially for an ultimate. This skill is ONLY useful when you have an Inquisitor Paladin using Divine Guide on you and you both have to be ready to take advantage of the small time frame to pull off all your attacks. That's as far as it goes, every other time, using this skill WILL be a waste of mana. It's a high mana (for the Assassin anyway), moderate cooldown, low damage boost skill. The Jewel Of Mastery gives almost the same boost as this skill does on lvl 5, it's permanent and it does not cost mana. +1.25x crit sounds good till you realise that's one in every 10 hits since the assassin doesn't have the skill point distribution to have reasonable Focus. Again, this could be fixed by somewhat rearranging the skills used by abilities, but still, this ability should either be a permanent passive, or offer twice the boost it normally does, to be considered worthwhile. If it is an active, it should also somewhat boost the chance to crit by a lesser amount (+0.5x crit and +3% chance to crit per lvl sounds like a more worthwhile skill) otherwise it will suffer the problem of never procing without external help.
Flash Combo: This is supposed to be his main skill. Unfortunately, as far as it goes, it was hit with a massive nerfbat for no good reason. This skill sucks honestly. I did the maths on this, turns out that in raw damage, with all stats maxed this skill is capable of putting out just shy of 5.1k damage counting all 3 hits and before crits. Which is kinda funny because Blade Combo, the fighter's skill, does slightly less than 7.9k damage under the same circumstances. This was not factoring in the Ancient item for the fighter, which increases the total damage to around 17.2k damage. This is no mistake, i ran the numbers 4 times, taking into account all variables including base damage and predicted base stats. Both calcs were done before crits. Furthermore, the cooldown on Flash Combo is longer, the mana cost is higher (and the assassin has notably less mana than the fighter, so that means in terms of proportional mana use, Flash combo uses wayyyyy more) and the animation is longer (yes, it is, i timed them with a stopwatch, even though from what i read in the editor, it shouldn't be). So i'm at a loss here to why in the blue and green fuck the Assassin's supposed main skill does not even do 30% of the damage that the Fighter's skill does (keep in mind, the fighter does not revolve around murdering high HP units so he's hardly as reliant on Blade Combo as the Assassin) and is in every other way inferior to the Fighter's skill. Especially considering that this skill, if maxed out, will consume all of the Assassin's mana (assuming no items are modifying his manapool), so you'd assume it's supposed to cause a fair bit of hurt. Then there's the skill it's based on. Guile? I mean, this wasn't a major issue back when it did hella damage because it was one or two hits on bosses, but now that it sucks on an epic scale, i think it needs to be addressed. Change it to Focus base. Not only is the Assassin having a skill based on guile conceptually contradictory, but having his MAIN DAMAGE SKILL based on EVASION, is just wrong on so many levels, as well as totally ineffective in terms of building the character. This should be Focus based instead since it's fairly reliant on crits to be fully effective, so it makes sense.
Also, why is both his Ancient and his class armor so crappy? A chance to throw an average of 3 daggers to a target in a tiny AoE. Aside from the fact that the AoE check for possible targets is tiny (3 targets won't even FIT in that AoE let alone 5), dagger is hardly a skill you want to boost or replicate, it's his least important skill. And what the hell is with the MS boost. Why does he need MS? Ignoring the fact that he already has better than average base MS, there's the fact that he BLINKS. That pretty much solves all movement related issues. While this guy's Ancient isn't as bad as the Blacksmiths, its still easily the second worst Ancient. As for the armor, the armor sucks. Period. It is by far, the worst armor in the game.
So, that section was long. Recap:
Blink Strike: Is fine as is.
Killer Blow: Change base skill to Blade Skill and consider bumping up the damage a bit.
Dagger Throw: Base this skill on some other attribute and boost the damage substantially. Also, take the Ancinet boost off this skill and give it to something else.
Flash Combo: Base this skill on Focus and increase the damage substantialy. At the very very least, it should be matching the Fighter's equivalent skill.
Concentration: Either change this skill altogether, make it a passive skill for the current boost, or double the bonus multiplier and have it increase chance to crit as well.

Ranger: This hero is actually fairly good, only two problems with it
First, the aoe (thickness) on Magic Missile is wayyyy too thin. Especially later on when creeps are very large, this thing usually will only hit one or two targets. In other words, the AoE needs to be wider. Damagewise though, it seems fine.
Also, the Quad Shot attack needs to be fixed. The targeting range for it is longer than the other three shots, so if you fire at max range, you'll end up hitting only one target. This should be the other way around, the max range for the other two shots should be slightly longer than the max casting range, in order to account for players who may want to fire at max range.

Fighter: Again, the hero is fine except for two skills. First Leapstrike. Aside from the fact that it takes forever to hit its target, making it a very iffy skill to use, its also pretty shitty as ultimates go in terms of damage. Either replace it with something worthwhile or buff it substantially.
Second, Weave Walk (the invis skill). Crit on decloaking doesn't work, it's broken. It's very simple you see. For a unit to attack, it must FIRST break invis, THEN it attacks. The crit trigger will check if a unit is invis at the point where damage is done. This means that by the time it checks if the unit was invis to see whether it gets a forced crit, the unit will already have been forced to break invis. Also, aside from crit on decloaking, this skill does absolutely nothing useful for the hero, that is not already covered by Leapstrike. This skill just has to go. Personally, i think you should just give the fighter a new ulti altogether and make Leapstrike a standard skill, replacing this one.

The Inferno Holy Clergy also sucks from what i've heard, however, i haven't bothered to test it. The Ice Wizard's spells are underwhelming and very poor in the damage sense and the Fire Wizard's skills scale poorly.

Oh and before i forget, the Shaman, the Lightning Wizard and the Crusader Paladin are all imbalanced to fuck. And back. I can't be bothered explaining why at the moment (this post is long enough as it is anyway) and I think it's fairy obvious why they're imba to anyone who plays as them or with one in the party.

LotK

Reaction score
welllllllll that was long....

so 'thanks'

i agree in some things with you
blacksmith's ultimate and MS... weird :p
he could need some spells changed, yeah, but why is flag carrier useless? because of the 'wrong' stats its based?
think im gonna make him attack faster and some other stuff

asassin's killer blow and blade skill based sounds kinda more logic than focus
throwing knife always sucked and i might turn it into a low cd and mana ability... or something else..
concentration. i might add a crit chance addition to it, but maybe you should think about this: it stacks with jewel of mastery!
flash combo really needed that nerfbat... you might be right that it deals less damage than the fighters blade combo, but with the assassins crit possibility its worth more than it
flash combo is fine!!!!

ranger: okay

fighter: i know...

fire wizard: well, maybe, maybe

ice wizard: thats why he slows the enemys........

lightning wizard: :p

shaman: a bit.. :p

crusader pala: someone got to be imba with normal melee attacks

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
this thread has a lot of replies and i didnt read through the whole thing to check if this was asked already, but how did you change the font?

and what are the problems with using different font?

LotK

Reaction score
the problems are that some people cant play any other maps after toj, so they gotta restart wc3......

so if i would tell that, more people would create maps that makes wc3 crash after you played them. a very bad thing to me, so..................................

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
so it makes wc3 crash.
and you arent going to tell me.
ok fair enough =]

i just wanted to edit the font so my save load code would be easier to read but i found a different solution thanks anyways +rep

TheDeadFight

Reaction score
Awesome! Good terraining!

I play this maps on battle.net and lose after enter the tomb gates >.< (I only play with 3 of my friends T_T)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.