Totally Stomped Log Question

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Is there anyway to make it so that the messages that the game shows the user don't get logged in the message log tab? i know there is a way cuz of a map i played didn't log the game messages but i don't know how. it will probably be a custom script. Any help would be greatful.:banghead:

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You mean normal text display.

Look for it under 'Game' in the 'Actions' group. I think its the very first one and second one that display a simple text message to players.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
You mean normal text display.

Look for it under 'Game' in the 'Actions' group. I think its the very first one and second one that display a simple text message to players.

thank you for the help but that doesn't do what i want, the message log still stores those messages and thats what i dont want.

TheLegend

Reaction score
just before each new text use Cinematic - Clear the Screen of text messages for (All Players)

Kayoss666

Reaction score
yeah i already have that to clear the screen of text. but i guess i will be really specific. when a player says something or the game says something to the player it appears in the message log tab (f12). *the log that records everything said* i want the game to show text/talk to the players without it going into the message log. but thanks for trying to help any more ideas will be helpful. i'm totally stumped:(

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I apologise, I misunderstood.

Those default messages I showed above that are displayed by triggers are only shown in the Log (F12) in Single Player Mode. In MultiPlayer only Player Typed Messages are displayed, that is hide-able but very difficult, lol.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
I apologise, I misunderstood.

Those default messages I showed above that are displayed by triggers are only shown in the Log (F12) in Single Player Mode. In MultiPlayer only Player Typed Messages are displayed, that is hide-able but very difficult, lol.

oh okay thanks i didn't know that. And i don't mind it showing what the players say. it would just get annoying if are the quest progress messages stayed there

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure why it is so, but it does make it easier to check 'test' messages when testing your maps new functions and errors.

The only way to track quest messages is for them to be saved in your Quest Log (F9).
But yeah the General Messages are removed asoon as they disappear from the screen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.