Tower Abilities Not Effecting Targets

Silentnight1

Reaction score
My apologizes if there is a rule to how many threads one person can have, been running into alot of errors I cant fix and unfortuneately not all at the same time so I can just combine into 1 thread >.<.

Anyways, I am having issues in my map, with abilites such as slow poision and frost breathe not working, the tower will attack the unit, the debuff is applying and showing up on the mobs debuff section, but the effects arent actually working, IE when my frost tower shoots the mob, debuff applies, but its not slowing down. same wit poison.

I also copy/pasted a working frost tower from an old map of mine that worked perfectly there, into this map, and same issue so its something inside the map itself. I have also tried many different unit types, a bunch of my custom made ones ,even default stat'd melee units, all not working.

Also this is a ROC map so any suggestions must remain within those restrictions.

Thoughts?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
this is a ROC map
This is probably your problem. Although there could be a specific error causing your problem, I wouldn't even know where to begin guessing. The description of your problem is vague - you suggest there's something in the map specifically causing the problem, but nothing to provide looking for the cause. Yet most of my suggestions would probably require TFT.

Take my advice and stop working with RoC.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
This is probably your problem. Although there could be a specific error causing your problem, I wouldn't even know where to begin guessing. The description of your problem is vague - you suggest there's something in the map specifically causing the problem, but nothing to provide looking for the cause. Yet most of my suggestions would probably require TFT.

Take my advice and stop working with RoC.

but my other map was also ROC , and designed it the same thing.

Also, i could stop working wit ROC editor, which I would gladly love to do, but then u would need to supply me wit some kind of TFT to ROC converter seeing as how I create maps for my ROC only Clan ^_-

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as i know since the last update (1.24) the editor is somehow screwed up for RoC maps. i dont really know what it is (like the other thread where you said you couldnt change ability cooldowns) but i've heard alot of stories about different stuff which doesnt work for RoC maps anymore.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
as far as i know since the last update (1.24) the editor is somehow screwed up for RoC maps. i dont really know what it is (like the other thread where you said you couldnt change ability cooldowns) but i've heard alot of stories about different stuff which doesnt work for RoC maps anymore.

SIgh..... ill google more on these issues, thnx for this heads up on a possible error >.<

Silentnight1

Reaction score
SIgh..... ill google more on these issues, thnx for this heads up on a possible error >.<

Ok update on this, i converted to TFT, and re tested the towers, the towers still aint working, the ability is applying onto the mobs, but they still arent taking the effect, IE the poison tower is shootin at the targets, applying poison, but they are slowing down, and the frost then shoots it ,and they just keep runnin as if they werent even debuffed....

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
when frozen, does their colour change? do they become blue?

there is a field in the gameplay constants where you can set the movement speed reduction when slowed by ice. have you checked if the values are correct?

Silentnight1

Reaction score
when frozen, does their colour change? do they become blue?

there is a field in the gameplay constants where you can set the movement speed reduction when slowed by ice. have you checked if the values are correct?

lol yes, they turn blue, everything works minus the actual gettin slowed, and all constants are default, since it was ROC editor u cant change them from defaults.

its currently set at, movement speed reduction 0.50\

*EDIT* Fixed the issue, I had a value set incorrectly which wouldnt allow the towers to actually SLOW the mobs, im stupid, ty for ur assistance.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.