Trees

falcokid

Reaction score
Is it possible to make Trees that you can place at a large scale at a time like you could in warcraft III? i'm making a tag map similar to tree tag.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be having Mineral Fields instead?

These are however units and can't from my knowledge be places multible at a time.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
I'm rather sure he meant creating in-game? Since you cannot create a lot of trees instantly (besides copying ofc) in the editor either.

Personally, I found a lot of trouble here too... Trees cannot be revived in-game... And if you kill them, they're still unwalkable due their footprint...
After trying to play with trees desperately I didn't found a single solution, besides removing them and replacing them. But this makes the spot they were still unwalkable... I also failed in editing the footprints.

So how did I solve it?
I simply created a unit with the model of a tree and another one with the model of a "dead tree". By doing this, I don't have to use footprints and thus a "dead tree" or a "removed tree" becomes walkable. Now, the collision size of an alive tree has a value, whereas the collision size of dead trees is zero and thus they're walkable (don't forget to set push rate to 0).
Now, all you need is a trigger to replace them on revive/kill instead of kill/revive functions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.