Trigger-added abilities not carrying over after morphs

dianamod27

Reaction score
Is there a way of detecting when Chemical Rage ends, exactly?

Explanation:

I wanted the Tinker to have an ability called Minelayer which automatically spawns goblin land mines every few seconds depending on what level the ability is. Because of the hero spell limit, it's a unit spell that you buy from a shop: You buy a power-up-like item from a shop, it gives you a dummy ability (if you buy the power-up again it increases the dummy ability's level) and three triggers create land mines near Robo-Goblins that have that dummy ability.
The problem that occurred was that when he morphed, he lost the ability. I solved it by storing the ability's level and giving him it whenever he enters/exits Robo-Goblin form, or when he revives.

Now, the major problem is that I was going to have a similar setup for the Alchemist too, however I can't accurately detect when Chemical Rage ends.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Sorry if that was a bit convoluted, I'm really tired but need to fix this as soon as possible.

Edit: To be precise, I had a test trigger that would show me the level of the dummy spell the Alchemist had each second. Buying the spell works, so it showed "1" each second, even when I used Chemical Rage. However, when Chemical Rage ran out, it showed "0" again.

Edit 2: I guess I'll just always check whether the variable storing the level of the ability is equal to the actual level of the ability before the periodic triggers fire.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Another example of double-posting. In the space of 8 minutes. Has anybody ever told you about the mysterious, highly elusive Edit button? It only appears once for each time you post in a thread!

keychup

Reaction score
Not many people here know me, thus they don't tell me anything. Used the Edit button a hundred times today.

Check it out, I've been a member for ages. You'd expect me to know the rules by now.
You didn't expect idiots such as yours truly to break the rules after being a member such a long time. >.>

Edit: (Yes, it's edited) What am I? An elite?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.