Trigger help-Blocking on a TD map makes creeps turn around

Valtarian

Reaction score
Hello, I'm making a new Winter Maul Wars (X14).

I've been testing the map recently and I've noticed that if someone blocks one end of the map, the units go around to the other end. Let me elaborate:

This is kind of what the map looks like:
m-3_1937173205-19147.mapspic

Each side sends creeps which spawn in the middle and have way points. One is located near each player region as shown in the picture and on each side of the map in the middle.

Say teal blocks his lane when the units are trying to go to his waypoint or "region". The units will turn around and head down reds lane and progress to teals lane the long way.

How can I prevent this from happening, where the creeps that will be sent will simply attack the buildings and stop attacking and progress to the next waypoint if someone is blocking?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and if I need to explain anything in further detail I would be very happy to do so. Thank you!

bajaist

Reaction score
Maybe you could check if path is blocked and display message.

How can I prevent this from happening, where the creeps that will be sent will simply attack the buildings and stop attacking and progress to the next waypoint if someone is blocking?
Use:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order Unit to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))

but i am not sure how would you make them to stop attacking after the path is cleared.

Valtarian

Reaction score
I know there is a map (Wintermaul One Revamped v5c), where if you build and try to block a path the tower is removed and you receive your money back. How would I make a trigger like that--so that the game/trigger detects whether someone is blocking or not?

bajaist

Reaction score
Well i am not sure how did the maker of Wintermaul did it, but here is a thought:
Maybe after, e.g., teal starts building tower you could make 2 invisible dummy units, at start and at the end of teals region, and order one of them to move to other and check distance between them, and if it is greater then starting distance then dummy is going around, path is blocked. There would be a problem if two players block paths. This is just a thought, maybe you could make something out of it.

Valtarian

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea that you have. Offers quite a bit of complexity when using GUI, though.

I was thinking about possibly making a invisible unit go through the lanes every 2 seconds. People do that and make some sort of trigger where if the invisible unit is forced to stop, to attack the nearest tower and continue forward to the next region/waypoint. I'm kind of sure I could make it-I've never done it so I'm not too sure. Would that make the game lag though?

bajaist

Reaction score
I dont think it would lag if you clear leaks, maybe if to many units are ingame.
if the invisible unit is forced to stop, to attack the nearest tower and continue forward to the next region/waypoint.
But nearest tower doesn't have to be the last one builded.

Valtarian

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I would make a unit spawn every 5 seconds (invisible unit), and run through the maze and if he's ordered to stop-to attack the nearest tower until it is destroyed and move on to the next point?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.