Trigger help!

F

FoolishViper

I've played a map called "archon tag with hard CPU" there's a trigger in it called "electrical short"(wipes out vision of map except middle, the unique part of this trigger is it takes away the sight of your own units and buildings away dispite the fact you you still posses the buildings and units) i tried going into it with star edit but it doesn't read it, meaning who ever made it used a staredit modifyer or an outside program, i want to know how to produce this trigger, if anyone knows how to produce this trigger tell me what program to use it, where to find program, and how to make the trigger with program. If you don't know what i'm talking about try out the map for yourself.

FoolishViper out

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
I don't think this is how it works, but there is an AI that turns on and off Allied Vision, you need Stardraft w/ a CWAD or Emerald Staredit, check older threads to see how to download and install them. Once you have it, use this trigger:

I will be using the "electrical outage" as an example

PLAYER
- Runners
CONDITION
- Current elapsed time is 900 seconds
ACTION
- Run AI script 'Turn off allied vision for Player 1'
- Run AI script 'Turn off allied vision for Player 2'
- Run AI script 'Turn off allied vision for Player 3'
- Run AI script 'Turn off allied vision for Player 4'
- Run AI script 'Turn off allied vision for Player 5'

I really don't think this is it, but you can try it.

F

FoolishViper

where can i find emerald staredit

i use to have emerald staredit but i lost from formating harddrive, give me a url to where i can download it

A

AMPowers

Hey guys, havent been on in a while, comp was down, u kno.. When they cant open it doesnt that mean that they have a lock on it? Kinda like a program so nobody can open it?

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
What do you mean "can't open" what are you trying to open?

A

AMPowers

Like a map that you've dled, like §tronghold RPG or somethin....

C

CmdrTydaeus

Un-editable maps

Also, sometimes, when you've DLed a map, it will be stored as a text file to start with, and will come up as an invalid file if you try to open it. You can either drag and drop these files onto StarEdit (actually, never tried drag and drop for this purpose under windows), or open StarEdit and then open the file from there.

Alternatively, sometimes simply being created or modified with certain advanced editors will render a map file un-openable by StarEdit, or such files will be nearly blank (all basic terrain, no triggers, units, etc.) when opened with StarEdit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.