Trigger to prevent a unit from attacking.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
The map i'm working on allows a player to build invisible traps. I'm trying to add an ability that will allow you to turn traps 'off', preventing them from attacking.

Because the map takes place during the day, Shadowmeld is out.

I already have two channel abilities that swap out. (Enable Trap and Disable Trap) The problem is, I can't make the trap stop attacking. I set the Aquisition range to 0 with the trigger, but it STILL auto-targets enemies.

Is there an ability or something I can give the unit to simply prevent it from automatically targetting enemies? I don't want to have to replace every unit with a clone unit that has no attack. There has to be a better solution.

Either an ability I can add, an ability I can remove, (I didn't see 'Attack' on the list though. >.>) or something.

Can somebody help me please? +Rep.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong board. How do I delete this. >.>

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Couldn't you just pause the traps when disabling and unpause them when enabling?
How do I delete this. >.>
You don't. Some nice mod or admin will probably move this, though. :p

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Couldn't you just pause the traps when disabling and unpause them when enabling?

I glanced at the command. I wasn't sure what effect it would have though.

The trap still needs to be able to be attacked by enemies (if they can see it, of course) and take damage from outside forces. It also still needs to be able to be selected, and activate the abilities on it.

Can I do all that when it's 'paused'?

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I just tried it out with pause. It prevents it from attacking, but it disables the interface panel - so I can't enable the trap again.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I can't set attacks enabled with a trigger.

And movement turn rate won't necessarily stop the unit from attacking.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
There is an option for the permanent invisibility abilities to stop units from auto attacking. Add and remove the ability as needed.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
+Rep to Builder Bob.

I wasn't aware permanent invisibility had that option.

It seems to be working in my first few tests. I gotta give it a little more in-dept test later, mostly i'm worried that swapping versions of Permanent Invis will make it visible for a moment.

But I think this'll do. Thanks. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.