Triggered spell ressurrection troubles

Tooblet

Reaction score
Hey I'm pretty new to the WE and all of its glorious possibilities..
But whatever. I'm trying to make a ressurection spell for my heroes to work, Trust me i've read all the threads about just this but noone ever seemed to be solved :/.

So what i'm trying to do is pretty simple I guess.. but still not :/
I wanna Base it out of Blizzard or Flame strike. a targeted Area of choice.
U see every time a hero dies in my game a tombstone is created in that place.
And then there is a dialog butting showing up for the controller of the dead hero that asks if u want to "revive at the ressurection stone?".
I want my healing hero to be able to target an area with tombstones from the dead allies, ressurect them at HIS position, and ofcourse remove their dialogs and tombstones when this is done.

I don't know how to post my triggers in here and show you what i've got so far. But it's not much anyways so..

mordocai

Reaction score
trigger, you need to read lol. Yes he wants to res but instead of ressing at a tombstone eh wants to res his hero at the casters position.

Tooblet

Reaction score
Actually I'm not completely new to triggers....
The whole reviving hero at the proper point and so on works for me.
It's just that I wan't to base it out of Blizzard, and also make it work with the whole dialog thingy I have..

What I've tried is something like.

Unit dies
Unit equals to hero
Set Dead_Hero[Player number] = dying unit.

And then the whole revive thing also works for me-- BUT. I don't really get how the arrays work and if i need to set something up in map init.. to like store every players number and an integer for the units aswell?
Cause it's really bugged and only works sometimes if im lucky and then interfeers with my dialog thingy aswell..

I really need help here cause im lost :p

nightsorrow

Reaction score
if i was to make a aoe ressurection spell id base the spell off of inferno(it be easyer imo) but none the less what id do to make this spell is make ur spell make a dummy unit at the target of being cast (dont have to do this with inferno spell) and make another trigger that when that unit enters the game do your thing you want in a aoe around that unit, to make the heros revive at your caster jsut set a verable in the first trigger

Tooblet

Reaction score
Yeah sure inferno will do fine as dummy spell.
But the problem I have isn't making the spell or the spells triggers.
it's to store the heroes and everything i need to store in the right variables
because heroes doesnt leave corpses on ground.
and no, nothing will change the fact that they just dissapear.

So I have to sort of either make a dummy corpse, or as I choose, to make a dummy "tombstone" in the place they die.

And when the healer casts the ressurection inferno on theyr dummy tombstones, a triggers sets it of so that the dead heroes that are stored somewhere is revived and theyr timers and or dialogs or whatever I have is removed from them.

Trust my I've been struggling with this trigger for a week. still not working :(

Tooblet

Reaction score

Seriously... couldn't someone awesome pro dude just solve this once and for all for everyone and post a "show how to" map in either this thread or just somewhere in the forums..

See it as a request from me if you want.. or everyone else who wants to make a working ressurection spell that works for heroes flawlessly and without leaks.

I had a dream... :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.