Triggers with Waits

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I had a problem/general question, but before I posted I did some more testing and fixed my problem. It didn't answer my general question though, which is this: if I have a trigger that does some stuff to my units, and I want a delay in some of the Actions, how do I do that? I know the Wait Action but since my triggers usually have an Event of Unit Starts An Effect, using Wait gets rid of the (Casting Unit) and (Target of Ability Being Cast) options, which would force me to use tons of variables to keep track of units which I don't want to do.

How do I add Waits to MUI spells? For my WE experience, I have no intention of learning JASS and I haven't touched hashtables at all, but I'm starting to think that they'd be useful so I should learn how to use them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
well. you can use hashtables to make waits mui. or you can use locals (halfguiish).
if i recall right. dying unit and triggering unit survives waits so they are basicly mui from start, though target unit is a bit harder.

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
Okay, so I do need to learn how to use hashtables. How do I... well, use them? I'll start taking a poke at them, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be easy to learn.
(Also, what's GUI stand for? I forgot that one. >.>)

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score
That's a good tutorial, but it doesn't quite show someone with no idea what they can do with it. I have a slightly better grasp, sure, but I still get confused by it. What do the Clear Actions do, what's the parent and the child, etc.? It left too much to be explored, and didn't explain quite enough.

ultimate11

Reaction score
For exemple u have this
Trigger:
  • Hashtable - Save Twist_angle as 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) in MY_hashtable

this is a child hashtable of picked unit
So clear all child hashtable of picked unit will erase all saved data in hashtable of your picked unit.

Xan_Kriegor

Reaction score

I've looked and looked, and for the life of me I cannot find that (Key (Picked Unit)) option. Where is that? Nevermind, found in later in the tutorial discussion.
Also, what's the indexing thing they keep talking about in the tutorial thread?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.