turning units into heroes

sirjasalot

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm doing a map and i need to know how to change a unit so that i can give him hero skills and stats (str,agi,int).If it can help it's a marine and space fel orc that i wish to convert into heroes. I also have 2 more questions.

1.How can i make a wisp go into a circle of power (or the thing that lets you choose hero) and make the unit the wisp selected in my region? I've tried but wasn't able.

2.How could i arrange the marine that is a sniper to look more like a sniper? I haven't been able to copy one from other maps. I know its a skin thing but im not to familiar with skins.

Thanks ahead.:)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
for making a hero you create a new custom unit and basse it off of a hero then change the model and icons as you want

Code:
event
a unit enter region (whatever)

condition
unit type of entering unit equal to wisp

actions 
create one (your hero) for (owner of entering unit) at (your region)\
remove entering unit from the game
2. you need to make your own models or you can download them at the hiveworkshop.com or wc3campaigns.net

131ackout

For number one:

use this trigger: (It's mine triggers)

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked player) controller) Equal to User
                        ((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Create 1 Hero Soul for (Picked player) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
                    Else - Actions

you need another to give heroes to a person using this trigger:

Code:
Hero Warrior
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Your region <gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Hero Soul
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 [Any Hero] for (Owner of (Entering unit)) at (Center of ([Your region])) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Remove (entering Unit) from the game

xD

EDIT: Beaten. :(

131ackout

Well, I use them often. Sometimes I make mistakes, but these works. xD

sirjasalot

Reaction score
So if i understood correctly for making a unit a hero, what i have to do is:
-make a custom unit
-say it's the demon hunter for example
-then change it's icon and model to marine
is that it for hero thing?

by the way thanks for the trigger thing. it's the first time i make a map so complicated (all the other ones i made before were all glitched lol). Thanks a bunch.

131ackout

Yeah, thats the exactly what I'm talking about. You're all welcome, this is a forum called TheHelper, where we everybody helps people, and people help back. :)

sirjasalot

Reaction score
Well i'm not at the helping stage just yet. Quite new to all this map making. Well i'll get back to work right away. Thanks.

sirjasalot

Reaction score
hey prison love! i've got a prob with the website the hive. i cant upload models because my account isnt confirmed and they won't send it to me. what to do?

sirjasalot

Reaction score
to download a model mean. i cant find the place to dl the model. (sniper for example). Can you help em out?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
if you got it from the hive go back to the page you got it from and they tell how to do it.

but for teh short version

go to import manager and import your model and ALL of the files (except the readmes) that it come with.

next look at the import manager and you should notice that they all say something like (this is an example) war3imported\sniper.mdx and war3imported\sniper.blp or something like that. anything that has .blp after needs to be changed to either Textures\sniper.blp or just sniper.blp

the hive requires tha there be instructions for importing so check there for an exact step by step

sirjasalot

Reaction score
i did check for the procedure to download the models but it says i must unzip the folder but i don't know how. they said in the instructions that i needed to have wizip or total commander i think it is. is there another way?

131ackout

I mostly use WinRAR to extract the models.

Just download it, it's free, then, well, download a model from the Hive, and if you're using Mozilla Firefox, there should be a pop-up, you need to open it using WinRAR, then extract the "BLP" file inside the folder, then send it to your folder.

Now, you're done. Exit the WinRAR, open up Import Manager, now import the file you extracted, It has to be a BLP. Then fill in the correct path.

Most icons are like this: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNName here.blp

Then, you're done! :) (most hives have the models path there.)

IF you are using IE, skip the downloading WinRAR, just save the stuff in your folder, then import the BLP file.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Well, welcome to the forums, sirjasalot!

First off, you should make sure you read through the forum rules so you don't get yourself in trouble. It's better to edit your old post rather that posting a new one 5 minutes later.

A lot of your questions are rather basic, and that is understandable because you are new. I suggest that you take a look at some of the MANY tutorials we have available here. You will find the answers you are looking for, plus more.

Have a good day :)

sirjasalot

Reaction score
yeah about the edit i've been looking for the button but i can't find it. That's why i have been posting a few one after the other. Sorry :(:banghead:

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
yeah about the edit i've been looking for the button but i can't find it. That's why i have been posting a few one after the other. Sorry :(:banghead:

It's in the bottom right hand corner of your old post, to the left of the quote button ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.