Twilight Abilities

Capndrs

Reaction score
This is about the book twilight, not about twilights eve the orpg.

Ok, so I'm making a map based on the twilight theme of Vampires, Werewolves and Humans.

I have decided that each "class" will have 3 generic abilities and one-two specific abilitie per each character.

Generic:

So for Vampires:
Eye Color - Adds +15 to DMG or Armour, depending on color
Blood Feast - Drains enemys hp, restores yours. Puts you in a frenzy if blood is feasted from a human.
Cold Skin - Adds +2 armour per level

Werewolves:
Werewolf Form/Quillette Form - turns you into a werewolf or quillette teen.
Howl/Tribal Shot - Pings location/ Roar benefits -or- bash benefits
Sharpened Claws - +0.1% attack bonus per level

Humans:
-
-
-

So I still need three generic abilities for humans and also...

Character:

Vampires:
Edward Cullen - Instincts (Reads the oppenents mind giving him a chance to avoid an attack)
Alice Cullen - Future Sight (Reveals an area of the map, allowing Alice to see future attacks of the enemy)
Carlise Cullen - Hospitality (Heals vampires)
Jane (Vulturi) - Painful Illusions (Deals damage to the enemy, leaving no signs of the mental attack)
Riley - Adept Hunter (Gives slight attack bonus at each level, weaker than sharpened claws)
Jasper Hale - Tranquility (Removes all buffs from nearby vampires, also gives them the Tranquility buff which increases mana at a greater pace for a while)

Werewolves:
Sam Uley -
Jacob Black - Engineer (Can create explosives out of car parts [bought with credit])
Quil Ateara
Embry Call
Leah Clearwater
Seth Clear Water

Humans:
Bella Swan - Trouble Magnet (Lures enemies towards her when used)
Mike Newton - Athletic (Increases attack each level, weaker than sharpened claws)
Jessica Stanley - Mood Swing (Deals a surprising blow which can confuse the oppenent)
Rennee Dwyer - A Mother's Touch (Heals humans)
Charlie Swan - Power Shot (Deals a powerful attack with his gun, that stuns the enemy)
Eric Yorkie - Encourage (Increases attack speed of nearby humans)

Each character needs its own unique ability.
So my request is for anyone who has any inspiration; to give me the name of an ability, what it should do, and what character it should be for.

The ability should match the overall personality of the character

use this template if you want to work off of something...

Character:
Ability Name:
Brief Description:

+rep for good suggestions.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
>< I ammit I have read some of the book and seen the movie; so I am aware that each of the vampires have a unique abililty (ie Edward can read peoples mind and so forth.)

So, I suggest basing it on there talent or what have you.
So, Edward could have an evasion, because he can sense an incoming attack.

zomgguy

Reaction score
Edward Cullen
Wind Walk
Just a normal wind walk. Because Edward Cullen is apparently very fast =)

Okay here are some abilities that i think you should apply to all vampires...

Blood Thirst
If there is a unit is below x health and is within x range of a vampire, the vampire smells blood and will gain extra movement speed. Yes, Stygwyr's skill in DotA inspired me but hey, it fits...

Drink Blood
Pretty simple: if the vampire turns on this autocastable skill, he get's lifesteal. To spice things up, you could make it so that everytime the vampire attacks with Drink Blood turned on, there is a % chance that he will go into a Blood Frenzy that increases attack speed.

By the way...just saying...isn't it a bit hard to include humans into this Twilight game? Yes, it is an integral part of the story but honestly, what possible abilities could humans have that fits their character...they dont have any superpowers or else they wouldnt be human.

Also, forgive me because I haven't read the book (only the movie): they dont really reveal any of the other vampire's special abilities...only Edward's thought reading and Alice's future telling, and no "werewolf" powers at all. It just says that those wolf ppl don't like vampires. I would find it a bit hard to base a game on Twilight.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Ideas for human abilities. You could pick one of these:

Feast (Active, no target, channeling)
Unlike their under counterparts, humans eat regular food, from which they gain energy and health. Eating heals 2% of the humans maximum health per second. He can eat for up to 10 seconds.

Alluring Scent (Active, no target)
Human scent is simple to pick up for Vampire and Werewolf alike. It is easy for supernatural beings to lose themselves into a rage once they smell their prey. Spreads scent over enemies in a 400 radius, causing them to lose (level of human X 0.3) armor and forcing them to attack the human for 3 seconds.

Panic (Active, self buff)
Knowing his species is inferiour to those of his opponents, fear can strike into the heart of a human. Upon activation, panic grants him +30% movement for 6 seconds, allowing him to escape.

Master of Arms (Passive)
Having no superpowers, the human race is forced to rely on its weapons. They may be weaker than other species in close combat, but they sure know how to handle their arms. For every weapon in his inventory, a human receives +4 damage bonus.

Motivation (Passive)
The human race does not have a future of eternal life or being hunted in front of it. Humans can freely roam the planet as they desire, which is pleasant to know. Passively grants +5% movement and attackspeed.

Capndrs

Reaction score
Sjake. Thanks for your contribution. The humans were what I was most worried about
By the way...just saying...isn't it a bit hard to include humans into this Twilight game? Yes, it is an integral part of the story but honestly, what possible abilities could humans have that fits their character...they dont have any superpowers or else they wouldnt be human.
Yes it would be hard, but here is the basics of the game im working on.
Instead of lumber, there would be some other form of credit, the credit could be used to purchase special things suited for the race or whatever.
To get the credit you would have to kill your target and the targets are:
For Vampires: Humans
For Humans: Werewolves
For Werewolves: Vampires
That is actually how it is in the movie sort of to. And although each human doesnt have enhanced powers... each human has a personality that can be incorrperated into an ability. +rep to all so far.

Rhadamanthus

Reaction score
Here are some ideas for abilities.

For Bella Mental Shield- Protected from mental abilites. ( Spell Immunity)

HUMANS Power in Numbers- for each human in the area the human gains 5 attack power and .5 attack speed

Weapon Crafting- Makes weapon for human (requires gold and lumber)

Band Together- teleports humans to the area(Diamond of Summoning's ability)

Make potion- Makes a potion

Vampires Aura of Unease- Reduces humans attack and def by 5(Aura of some kind)
Supernatuarl Regeneration- Increases Regeneration by 1 per level

Chase- Increases movement speed(Wind Walk)

Werewolves Feral Bite- casues X amount of damage

Lupin Instincts- Increases Attack Speed By X Per Level

Loose Control- Goes beserk

By the way what kind of stats do each class get?

Capndrs

Reaction score
Ummm it varies....
Werewolves get Agility and Strength
Vampires get a combination of all three (depending on your character)
Humans get mostly intellegence and strength.

I'm still working on that part, the above is SO subject to change.

Thanks for ideas, i really like bellas, i wonder why i didnt think of that lol
+rep

Rhadamanthus

Reaction score
More Abilities amd stuff

Vampires

You could base Edward's Insinct ability off of Drunken Brawler (Its like Evasion and Critical Strike put combined)

Alice- You could give a her a dummy passive abilty and make a trigger like this

Every (Random number between 5-15) amount of seconds

(Cond)If Player has unit (Alice)

Make visibilty Modifier circle at (Random location in map area) for X amount
Reduces (Alices) mp by 5
so that her Visons come Randomly

Jasper- Aura that gives +mp regen

Esme- Ability like charm

Rosaline- Breathtaking Beautiy- decreases enemies Attack Speed by X

Emmemt- Inhanced Strength Adds X Strength per level

Werewolves

Sam- Leader of the pack(aura) like endurance aura

Quil- Biting Leap- Causes X damage and stuns target for x seconds

Embry- Friend in Need- Heals Target for X amount but weakens caster by X amount for each attribute

Paul- Angry Outburst- like beserk

Leah- Running Speed- Goes Faster

Seth- Friendly Realtions- Takes X% less damage from Vampires and Humans per level

Jacob- Howl- all allied units in a X radius get + Attack speed, Def, and movement Speed.

Humans

Charlie- Officer of the law-(aura) Decreases Damage Taken by X%

Renee- Creativity- Makes better use of items

Billy Black- Elder's Knowledge- Increases Damage done to vampires By X%

Jessica- Chatterbox- Increases Agility by X

Im glad to help i love making abilties and stuff like this

Capndrs

Reaction score
Very very nice. I've been waiting for someone to post a bunch of ideas like you just did. Spectaculor job.

However, I would like it if you gave me some generic human abilities as well. I've taken a few into consideration but need some more to work with.

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Just an idea:

I love it when good mapmakers transform, or at least enhance, their creatures of the night when it actually IS night! I mean, I didn't read Twilight or anything, but giving these Vampires and Werewolves night time only abilities or enhancements will certainly contribute to the "creature of the night" feel. As for Humans, we've only got a few things going for us (in science fiction, anyway): Determination, willpower, and teamwork. So a good idea would be to make your human's abillities centered around the idea of survival and team strategies. Try having Humans with passive buffs that really compliment each other. Combing a simple command aura, for example, with a swift endurance aura can lead to some really brutal beatdowns. Hope it helped! Good luck on the map!:thup:

Rhadamanthus

Reaction score
I did put some human abilities

Humans
----Power in Numbers- for each human in the area the human gains 5 attack power and .5 attack speed

----Weapon Crafting- Makes weapon for human (requires gold and lumber)

----Band Together- teleports humans to the area(Diamond of Summoning's ability)

---Make potion- Makes a potion

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.