Two Signatures

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
These are what I consider to be my two best signatures. I don't think they really showcase the range of styles I am capable of... but whatever, they're the most professional looking.

Please comment/suggest stuff.

theidealmasterchief2.png

darthsideouscopy.png

(Made in Photoshop)

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Second one the text looks really out of place, and first one why is there a random number? Besides from that looks pretty good.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Second one the text looks really out of place, and first one why is there a random number? Besides from that looks pretty good.

Because all futuristic things have barcode numbers, duh. :)
But the second text does look a bit strange. Maybe make the text look like it's being controlled by the force in his hand or something. Just some random ideas.

lol, cool style there. Love the lightsaber part.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just going to wrtie what I see in a terribly hard to read format, jsut writing what I see with no real organization. I hope you don't mind. :p

I'm not a fan of your block color text. Block colors can work, but you really need some variety to pull it off.

The compo in the first sig is great, the second not so much.

I feel like the first is oversharpened, but that could be because I'm on an LCD and you may be on a CRT (when I had my CRT I had that problem a lot because CRT's are more blurry and darker than LCD's).

Colors. In the first one they work quite well. The blue, although a bit out of place with the green, complements the orangy-yellowish tones in the shadows of the suit. I like it quite a bit. The second however could use some colors. I would recommend you stay away from grayscale now that you seem to have a decent grasp with value and move onto some color theory. Colors are more than an art, theyr'e a science! I would suggest reading up on some color theory tutorials/articles/books. There's a lot behind it.

Borders. I was once a fan of the thin borders. They're easy, and they certaintly add a bit of proffesionalism, but now I definitely feel like they take away from the image. I would suggest either leaving them out or making them thicker, sort of emulating how one would finish a piece of work in real life. I would make the border stand out from the backround more, not matching. Borders can add a lot, but you have to use them to their full effect and as an artistic element, not just a slap on to show you're done.

The black around your main parts of your sigs are too plain. There's no reason to have that much negative space, that much "nothing." Put something in there. It doesn't ahve to be sharp or rendered out, in fact, it shouldn't. You need something though to entertain the eyes and it can be even useful to lead your viewer where you want them to see. Leaving it blank makes it open for interpretation of where to move the eyes. Adding some sort of wavvy line or linear movement towards the focal will help pull your pieces into a cohesive whole.

That's all for now as I have to leave. I hope these help. If you have any quetions just ask me and I might be able to demo them out for you.

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback!

I was wondering what you guys thought about this signature as well:

theidealsig.gif

This is one of my earliest signatures, when I had just gotten a very simple .gif editing program and was playing with it. At the time I was very proud of it, and now I still think it's kinda neat, but not that good. I was wondering how you think it compares to the others?

And also, I guess I'm just really biased because it's my own work, but I really like the second sig. (from my original post) To me the text doesn't fit in perfectly, but I still like the placement, and I like the black space. But everyone I've asked has said the text should be changed, so I'm inclined to believe you. =) So my next question is, how would you do the text for the second one if you were making the signature?

Thanks!

edit: I just realized I haven't been on this forum for ages and I just revived a really old thread. I hope that's not considered impolite or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.