Unable to create new maps.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
I've already explained the issue here: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/132033314
however for convenience I'll include the text here

When pressing Create new map, the new map dialogue that comes up is completely blank, meaning I can't select any terrain types or anything. I can just click continue and I end up with a blank map (where the terrain field is all black)

I'm on Windows Vista x64 service pack 1. It's a laptop, if that's relevant.

Can anyone help me solve this issue, since I was a huge fan of map editing in warcraft 3, and I would like to take a shot at it with this editor.

Edit:

I've attempted to enable administrator rights, and disabling visual themes in the compatibility settings on the properties settings from windows.

On another note: It DOES generate terrain when it opens up the first time. The issue is if I want to create a new map only.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Open up the SC2 Editor and go File > Preferences. Click on the Startup tab and set Startup Documents to None. Click OK and then restart the editor. Now try creating a new map. I don't know if it will work but it could give possible reasons as to why it is occurring.

Danis[h]

Reaction score
Open up the SC2 Editor and go File > Preferences. Click on the Startup tab and set Startup Documents to None. Click OK and then restart the editor. Now try creating a new map. I don't know if it will work but it could give possible reasons as to why it is occurring.

I don't know how or why, but that did the trick. Much obliged.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
How much RAM do you have? I'm thinking maybe it doesn't like having multiple maps open (if you don't close the map it opens initially then it stays open).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.