Uncontrolable Units ?

wc345

Reaction score
Hi all,i'm a new and i just wanna know how can i do this ?
The buidling produces a for exmple Footman and he walks to a given region and i don't want be a controlable from a player but to be from player and recognize his units and buildings ?

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
You could make it belong to a computer player and change the color to player that created it.

wc345

Reaction score
But how exacly can i do this,because i want to have a one worker that will player be able to control which will build buildings and from them goes a units...

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Footman
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Change ownership of (Trained unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Retain color
            Else - Actions

Something like the above.

wc345

Reaction score
Well,i do it but again it is controlable and the problem is that with this code it wants to select a unit on a map,but i don't want that,i want the footman that comes from barracks to be uncontrolable,not on the map...

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Make a new player that's a computer and make it an ally of the player, then just change the "Unit - Change ownership of (Trained unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Retain color" part to the new player so you can't control it.

wc345

Reaction score
But how exactly since in the Ally Properties i got only blue player :(

I tried to make a Player 12 (Brown) and then put him from my force and everything on in the properties of teams and again i'm able to do what i want with the unit :(:(:(

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You're not supposed to bump your thread until at least 24 hours have passed. Take a look at the World Editor Help forum rules.

Could you explain your intentions in more detail? Can you select (click on) the footmen? Can they be attacked or damaged?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Change ownership without changing colors.
To your Computer player on your team.
This solution has been given above many times.
The unit will look as if it is yours, but it will belong to your team. It shall have your team color.

This line:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 12 (Brown) and Retain color

wc345

Reaction score
But how can i do that,since it wants to select a unit on map and i haven't unit on map because they comes from Barracks ?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
But how can i do that,since it wants to select a unit on map and i haven't unit on map because they comes from Barracks ?

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Footman
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Change ownership of (Trained unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Retain color
            Else - Actions

Something like the above.

^

wc345

Reaction score
Ok man look this thing :
Unit - Change ownership of (Trained unit) to Player 1 (Red) and
and in the (Trained Unit) when i click it wants to select unit that i want,but in the map where i haven't nothing...

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Untitled-1.jpg

Use the dropdown box next to function instead of clicking Select Unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.