Uncontrollable Units

darkmik

Reaction score
How do i make my units uncontrollable by me, example: when you train a unit it will just go to a specific region and you cant control or move it.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
The best way I could think of is to set the ownership to another player, and add a dummy ability with 12 levels to identify the real owner.

Trigger:
  • Trig
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UG = (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UG and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of dumm for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Selection - Remove (Picked unit) from selection for (Triggering Player)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UG)

Set the event for all players, and they'll have a hard time controlling the units with 'dumm' ability.
However, a swift controlling is still possible.

B0ndo

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a project where there automatically will be sent units from a player's tower depending on which he has. These units are not in fact his, they are sent as Dark Green (Team 1) and Brown (Team 2). When a player upgrades his tower there will be sent better units from him. What i do is simple.

Make the event every XX second of game time create XX units at center of bla bla region, then make a new path trigger. When a unit enters bla bla the unit belongs to player Dark Green then attack-move to the next region. Pretty simple setup, but i use it and it works just fine for my map.

The downsite though is that you have to make shit loads of triggers, but once you have created the first ones, it's basically copy-paste.

If this is what you are looking for, let me know and i'll help you once i getnin front of an editor.

darkmik

Reaction score
The best way I could think of is to set the ownership to another player, and add a dummy ability with 12 levels to identify the real owner.

Trigger:
  • Trig
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UG = (Units currently selected by Player 1 (Red))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UG and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of dumm for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Selection - Remove (Picked unit) from selection for (Triggering Player)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UG)

Set the event for all players, and they'll have a hard time controlling the units with 'dumm' ability.
However, a swift controlling is still possible.

i dont understand this triggers XD

I'm currently working on a project where there automatically will be sent units from a player's tower depending on which he has. These units are not in fact his, they are sent as Dark Green (Team 1) and Brown (Team 2). When a player upgrades his tower there will be sent better units from him. What i do is simple.

Make the event every XX second of game time create XX units at center of bla bla region, then make a new path trigger. When a unit enters bla bla the unit belongs to player Dark Green then attack-move to the next region. Pretty simple setup, but i use it and it works just fine for my map.

The downsite though is that you have to make shit loads of triggers, but once you have created the first ones, it's basically copy-paste.

If this is what you are looking for, let me know and i'll help you once i getnin front of an editor.

i dont understand this either XD

B0ndo

Reaction score
Do you know the map Hero Wars Elite? Is that the kind of system you're looking for?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Give units the ward classification, it removes the move stop and attack abilities, but units can still be ordered via triggers.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Give units the ward classification, it removes the move stop and attack abilities, but units can still be ordered via triggers.

Use this method, then have a trigger that orders the unit to move to the region again whenever it is ordered to do something else.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Check the box that says Ward in Stats - Unit Classification. It's somewhere at the bottom in the Units tab of the Object Editor.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Its at the bottom, it says something like Unit Classification, where for peasants its workers, for catapults and that stuff, its mechanical.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
A unit with the Ward classification only takes "smart" orders. Detect whenever it gets ordered to do something and ordered it to move to the region again.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Do you want the units to be automatically "sent" or "created" every XX second of gameplay or do you want to make the unit uncontrolable when it enters a specific region?

darkmik

Reaction score
no the units are created when the players summon them, then move from region to region

B0ndo

Reaction score
Okay then place a region underneath the tower a players "sends" the units from and place the region in this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 11 (Dark Green) and Retain color

Do you need a "path" system aswell?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.