Unit move from A to B

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Still building my ORPG but right now I got a GREAT idea for a game that will be awesomeness in a game when released... I just need alot of help before I'm there.

I don't want to give away the gameidea but I need help with some parts that I havnt figured out yet:

1) I want 1 unit to run from point A to point B. Then unit should be in the allied team but should NOT be able to control, only running forward even if he is attacked.

2) When the unit arrive at point B I want it to STOP and stay until something happends (some trigger) and he starts to run forward again for point C.

So, how do I get a unit to run static without being able to control him, and how do I best trigger WHEN he starts to run from point A and point B and point C (he should be standing still on all 3 locations at first)

Thanks in advance,

Brute

laxperson808

Reaction score
X happens
unit is region A = true
tempoint=center of region b
unit - order 2 mvoe to tempoint
call RemoveLocation (udg_tempoint)
and give the unit like locust or something so no1 can select it

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Kings Triggers

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
Conditions
(1start <gen> contains The King 0003 <gen>) Equal to True
Actions
Unit - Order The King 0003 <gen> to Move To (Center of 1reg <gen>)

Works now, thank you, but again how do I make it possible not to select him?

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Trouble-update:

Locust didn't work as ability, because enemys doesnt attack him.

What I need:

- Enemys to target him priority 1 (thinking about adding a taunt with 0 cast time, that pulse all the time with 1000 AOE and 0 animation. Don't know if that is a possible solution(?)

- A unit that walks without changing his path if he is attacked or anything. But STILL NOT ABLE to walk through walls and doodads as when the unit has locust enabled.

Pigy

Reaction score
Now I'd like to add that I am a complete beginner when it comes to the Editor, I only started yesterday, However I believe the solution to your problem lies in the Campagins. In the Night Elves' Campaign there is a unit called the "Night Elf Runner" This unit doesn't have any attack afaik so it wont retaliate once attacked, thusly it will just continue running it's route, now I'm not advanced enough to understand the trigger put above so I might be wrong with this.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
The campain unit you talk about (Pigy) is computer controled.
But if you make a unit clasified as a Ward it wont have any action icons - and then you can use a system that I'm using:
First off i assign all regions that i want the unit to, into a variable with numbers (1,2,3,4...) and then i use this trigger:
Code:
Controle Units
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Level of [COLOR="Red"][U]Dummy Spell[/U][/COLOR]  for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    Actions
        Set TempPoint = [COLOR="Blue"][U]OrderLocationVariable[/U][/COLOR][(Custom value of (Triggering unit))]
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)    [COLOR="Red"]//This is important othervise it will make an infinity loop, which makes the game crash[/COLOR]
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To TempPoint
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
Dummy Spell is a spell based of Channel, which is not vissible - so you wont notice it got the spell - this is basically to check it is the right unit.
You need to give the spell to the unit :rolleyes:
Now everytime you try to order anything with the unit, it will get ordered to move to the location.
and then you create a triggers that changes the Custom value of the unit to the value of the next point you need it to move to.

hope i made it somehow clear for you.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
After reading your answer a couple of times, I figured it out, however I havnt given you enough information but I have alot of triggers that depending on WHEN the unit continues to move, so it's not your fault ofcourse but I cant use this to move my hero.

Actually if its easier, the unit doesnt HAVE to be a unit allied to my team. But the objective is to guard the unit.

So I still havnt figured out to make the unit AS locust, but enemies attack him.

X-maul

Reaction score
What i did for some time with a map pretty similar (atleast with units defending)
I made a player at each team computer controled, and then i made all units (summoned or whatever you do) computer controled and allied, and I changed team color to summoning (training) player color.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@BruteBrutal

locust give invulnerability and unselection (impossible to click on that unit without trigger)

X-maul

Reaction score
It is not possible to do anything to Locust, sadly /: the best option might be to make it controled by another (computer controled) player:eek:

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Vex8118

i suggest you to don't troll in other threads..

is just a suggestion before you be reported by members

@onTopic

or you can unselect the unit :x (bad choice)

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
So having an ally that's not possible to select but still is able to be attacked by hostiles is not possible to find a solution for...?

X-maul

Reaction score
well - you could create a trigger that looks like this:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Triggering player)

but that wont make it unavailable to mouseover, and have hp bars overhead.

BruteBrutal

Reaction score
Thats actually not that bad, and since I have a move-command on the unit ever 1 second it makes it impossible to change his direction or anything anyway... Thanks.. this is good for now. :)

popo80000

Reaction score
How about trying this?
-you can create another unit that is exactly the same as the main one, however it will not have any collision size. [do this if you want your main unit to have collision, else leave it]
-then hide the main unit and order the replicate and order it to move to the respective location, if you want it to be selectable and not controllable, you can change the ownership of the unit to Neutral [not Hostile] and set alliance with it, hence you will be able to select it and does not have any rights to control it.
-once you have reached the respective location [which is the end], you can reverse every procedures. Meaning, you unhide your main unit and move it to the location of the replicate and remove the replicate from the game. [if you did not use replicate, you can just change the ownership back to you and reset the alliance between you and Neutral.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.