Unit MOves to middleof the map??

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Ok guyz, i have a problem. I have a spell, its really simple. Theres a blademaster, he does shockwave, and moves instantly to the targeted point. Theres a serious bug with this, when i target a place where theres sumthing there, the blademasters moves to the middle of the map. So for example i shockwave (targets a tree) instead of teleporting to a side of the tree, i teleport into the middle of the map. Why is this so ? can someone help me fix it? heres the trigger i used. The base spell "elemental strike" is just a shockwave, with nothing changed except damage and cooldown.

Elemental Strike Spell
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Elemental Strike
Actions
Set TargeAbility = (Target point of ability being cast)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
Set Effect1 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\PhoenixMissile\Phoenix_Missile.mdl
Set Effect4 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitterBlue\TownBurningFireEmitterBlue.mdl
Set Effect5 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitter\TownBurningFireEmitter.mdl
Set Effect3 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\ZigguratMissile\ZigguratMissile.mdl
Set Effect2 = (Last created special effect)
Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s (Attack + Slam) animation
Wait 0.30 seconds
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TargeAbility
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
Wait 0.10 seconds
Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
Special Effect - Destroy Effect1
Special Effect - Destroy Effect2
Special Effect - Destroy Effect4
Special Effect - Destroy Effect5

So yeah, anyhelp will be greatly appreciated (if its useful enough ill give rep ^^)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
In the Object Editor > Abilities, if you have enabled this custom ability of your's to target single targets as well as points, I think the caster will be moved (by default) to the COPMA (center of playable map area) if he targets a unit, destructible or whatever.

I think this is because you have made the variable of your's only set to a "Target point of ability being cast".
To fix your problem, try making the ability of your's only able to target points, as their is no way to condition the intro of your actions in such a way that it will "single out" either if a point is being targeted, or obviously a unit.

JASS might be able to do those conditions though.. I'm not sure..

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Thanks alot!!
It seems that the problem was what u said its a "point", and if a unit is targeted, i would move to the middle of the map, i fixed this bug by creating a variable and setting the variable to point of ability being cast. NO longer do i have this bug. This is the new trigger i have, theres ANOTHER bug. The shockwave, nomatter where i aim, always goes upwards. my character moves as normal, but the wave shoots towards north, wherever i target the spell.

Elemental Strike Spell
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Elemental Strike
Actions
Set TargeAbility = (Target point of ability being cast)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\AvengerMissile.mdl
Set Effect1 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\PhoenixMissile\Phoenix_Missile.mdl
Set Effect4 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitterBlue\TownBurningFireEmitterBlue.mdl
Set Effect5 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitter\TownBurningFireEmitter.mdl
Set Effect3 = (Last created special effect)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Weapons\ZigguratMissile\ZigguratMissile.mdl
Set Effect2 = (Last created special effect)
Wait 0.10 seconds
Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s (Attack + Slam) animation
Wait 0.20 seconds
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TargeAbility
Wait 0.10 seconds
Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
Special Effect - Destroy Effect1
Special Effect - Destroy Effect2
Special Effect - Destroy Effect3
Special Effect - Destroy Effect5

Oh yeah +rep :p

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
The shockwave, nomatter where i aim, always goes upwards.

I see nothing wrong with your trigger.. Maybe your second problem has originated in the Object Editor?

Also, wrap your trigger not in the "quote" tag, but the "code" tag. Its makes triggers far easier to read =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.