Unwanted Permanent Stun

Rarktor

Reaction score
Hello all, I am having an annoying problem. I have changed Player 12 to the Blackrock Clan of evil orcs to add some flavor to an otherwise fairly average melee style map. Without any abilities or triggers that I have made, their units seem to have the random chance to permanently stun the unit they attack. I certainly didn’t plan this and nothing in the Object or Trigger Editors points to the cause. Has anyone else encountered this before when making a custom race? I think it might have something to do with units changing owner from Neutral Passive.

Thanks for your help!

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do they stun the units with the stun buff, or do the units just get paused? I've never encountered this bug before, and it does sound like a bug. If you don't have any other ideas insert a bit of custom script into a trigger with some random numbers and save the map. It will error on save but will let you look at the full code of the map. You might find your answer there.

nardretor

Reaction score
It is just based on an ability that the unit has. Modify that ability. Check it very clearly. You will find the problem...

Rarktor

Reaction score
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with Abilities since it can happen with more than one type of unit. It does put up the "Unit is Stunned" buff with the overhead effect and everything. Anyway, thanks for the help so far and here is the current rev. of the map. I still need to figure out how to do the forces so the Blackrock Clan is always computer controlled while allowing Players 1 -11 to still be selectable in controller, race, force, and color.

Thanks again!

Rarktor

Reaction score
Still haven't figured out what's with the stunning or got the forces how I want it, but fixed some spawn bugs with demon pigs and such. I noticed that a Shaman's Purge does not remove the perma-Stun Buff and that the offending attacker this time was a tower. It's not always the towers but I still double checked them. Only ability is Spiked Barricades, an upgrade switches from attack 1 to attack 2, no mention of stunning. Still looking and tweaking...

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Your custom ability Voodoo Death Curse (Show Icon) is based on Firebolt. Firebolt stuns units. The stun duration is set to 0 seconds. This causes a permanent stun. Change the duration to 0.01.

Rarktor

Reaction score
Thanks Bob! That was it. Must have been triggering on whatever unit killed the Voodoo Priests. Thanks everyone for your time!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.