Upgrades increase income problem

Raveren

Reaction score
Hi. I have a problem. Im just bored right now, and I wanted to make a very small map. The point of this map is to get 1000000 wood :D I want for it to be an income map. You start with a farm, and you are getting 1g per 10 seconds income...
And now I have a problem. How to make an upgrades for income? I never made an income-map so Im asking :D Also, how to make that when I have one million gold income, it changes to one wood income? and then 2 wood... 4 wood... 8.. 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192 etc. ?
I wanted cost of income upgrade to be exact of 2x income. (If you want to have income 64 wood, you have to pay 32x2 (64) wood)... Ofcourse with gold this same...
Oh, I used search but I didnt found upgrading income tutorial or something ;D
Hope you can help me :)

Greetings,
Raveren,

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
income is nothing else as a trigger which adds gold/lumber to a player every x seconds.
how much gold/lumber is given can be set by you to whatever you like.

for example:
Trigger:
  • Player - Add (32 x (Current research level of MyVeryFirstCustomUpgrade for Player 1 (Red))) to Player 1 (Red) Current gold

which will give 32 x the level of the upgrade as gold to player 1. change it to whatever you like.

and the costs of an upgrade is set in the objects editor when creating your custom upgrade. just set the gold/lumber costs to what you need.

Raveren

Reaction score
Well... I know... but there is a problem. I can make it to cost more ex. 50 gold per upgrade lvl. I dont want to be it like it. I want to 2x cost of one upgrade ago. (Dunno how to say it in english, sorry :D)

EDIT:
I want to be:
Lvl 1 upgrade - 2 gold.
2 - 4g
3 - 8g
4 - 16g
5 - 32g
6 - 64g
7 - 128g
8 - 256g
9 - 512g
10 - 1024g
(...)
n - 1000000g
n+1 - 2wood
n+2 - 4 wood
etc...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
thats not possible with the object editor, you would have to trigger custom gold/lumber costs on the upgrade.

maybe using an ability (based on charge gold/lumber) with the equal number of levels as the upgrade then increasing level of ability each time cast next setting the upgrades level to the level of the used ability.

Raveren

Reaction score
Hmmm lol. One Minute ^.^" But did you tested it? XD Coz I tested, and:
1. Its eating ALL money.
2. Its always showing '4g cost'
3. Its not doubling income :( Its just giving +1 to income per lvl =/
But anyway, BIG THX! +rep

EDIT: Hmm... Well... But If I use variable maybe? For settign income? Ofcourse with tableboard. You know...
Income(1) = 1
Income(2) = 2
Income(3) = 4
Income(4) = 8
etc...? And after just taking a number from it and giving that income to player?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.