[US News] House for sale: Non-earthlings welcome

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
capt.b5d694d43e304b6e8080aeb1993382d6.flying_saucer_house_tnmg101.jpg

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A mountainside house being auctioned in Tennessee is perfect for anyone tolerant of gawkers and fascinated with outer space: It's built like a flying saucer. The home "landed" on a twisting road leading to Chattanooga's Signal Mountain in 1970 — just after television executives grounded the run of the original "Star Trek" series. It will be sold to the highest bidder Saturday.

The circular house — ultramodern when it was built — is ringed with small square windows and directional lights and perched on six "landing gear" legs. It has multiple levels, three bedrooms, two baths and an entrance staircase that retracts with the push of a button.

Terry Posey, an agent with Crye-Leike Auctions of Cleveland, Tenn., said the current owner has had the property only four months and didn't want to comment. Posey posted an e-Bay ad and said he already has a $100,000 bid.

Read more about it here.

ShadowTek

Reaction score
I remember riding along one day when I was a kid and seeing this thing down the road when I looked out my window. That thing's funny as hell.

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
I remember riding along one day when I was a kid and seeing this thing down the road when I looked out my window. That thing's funny as hell.
Hello, fellow Tennessean. I live in Nashville.

Oh, on-topic: What does the house's interior look like?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Having a retractable staircase would be so badass. I want one now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.