Using Mountain Giants as hero (war club problem)

shawtybaby

Reaction score
hello, i want to make a hero like tiny from dota, but mine version will have the War Club ability. the ability works, he can pick up a tree and attack and deal dmg etc. but it removes his damage display?? i can't see his damage on in the menu where stats, status, armor/dmg is displayed.

any way to fix this?
thanks for your time :)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I think that is un-fix-able, in other words, you'll have to find another alternative to it.
Basically, there is no Hero that has Attack 2 (except Orbs) and the space for that is taken for Stats.
So the icon bugs.

kaboo

Reaction score
try to change the hero attack stats to be like the mountain giant has. just give there your dmg and speed

shawtybaby

Reaction score
try to change the hero attack stats to be like the mountain giant has. just give there your dmg and speed

it was stated that the war club on mountain giant heroes is unfixable. how will changing the stats help it? i already tried different anims etc.

I need to know if there's a way with triggers to allow the mountain giant to display his Damage bar while in the War Club anim.

joaoac

Reaction score
Need to be a SIEGE damage?

I dont know well the ability, but I think you can leave the damage type on the ability equal to the normal Hero's type. No?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You could try pseudo-replacing the unit.

Create a modified version of the mountain giant. Create a trigger that when he uses an ability on a tree, he is hidden (Unit - Hide unit). Then, create the modified version at the location of the old one, give the old mountain giant's items to the new one, set the new one's health to the old one's, set mana, ... and select him.

To create the stick in his hand, make him have ~300 melee range, and use a modified version of the orb ability on the Blood Elf Mage. Change the model used to the tree, and attachment point to "hand,right".

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Trigger it? Make it so when they use a dummy ability it will play the animation that is the war club until the amount of strikes is over. Or you could just copy+paste from DotA, however the method of getting into DotA, I cannot discuss on this forum. I think you know what I mean, though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.