Using two unit indexers

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Is it possible to not make a function private, and not rename it, but to still have two functions that can be used in a spell?

My problem is that when I had AIDS in a spell, it has the function GetUnitID
Likewise, the library UnitIndexerLib by Risen_Dusk has the same thing, and I have spells that use both, so how would I fix this without causing conflict and screwing up my map?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You only want one unit indexer in any map...

I think AIDS should be usable with anything needing UnitIndexerLib.

Try removing UnitIndexerLib and making the spell use AIDS instead.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
The spell is an imported spell though. And this guy made such a huge spell pack, and some of the others in the pack require it...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It should still work. If not, post the spell, and somebody can post a modified version of AIDS to work with the spell.
Unit indexers use UnitUserData, so you can't use more than one. You could make them use hashtables or something, but it'd be easier (and much better in every way) to give one system both APIs than modify both to use slower hashtables.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
It should still work. If not, post the spell, and somebody can post a modified version of AIDS to work with the spell.
Unit indexers use UnitUserData, so you can't use more than one. You could make them use hashtables or something, but it'd be easier (and much better in every way) to give one system both APIs than modify both to use slower hashtables.

I just got rid of the other one by Rising_Dusk, I didn't really need his spells anyways. Thanks for the info though =]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.