WIP Vampire Hunters - Rebirth

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Vampire Hunters - Rebirth
a FM concept, by TFlan

Background of Project:
A few months ago, my dad and I were talking about video games. We landed on the subject of WC3 and our favorite map, FM Vampire Hunters. A few weeks later, I started a side project, for my spare time, of recreating that map. This is the result of subtly adding to a map over the past few months.

Description:
Lore:
After years of hiding, the vampires of Sabbat have emerged in the countryside of Silvermoor, where the citizens have once again called apon their holy defenders to fight back and vanquish them!

Straight-up:
Two teams, Vampires and Holy Defenders, scavange the countryside fighting over the very souls of Silvermoor. The vampires must run around killing every citizen they can, gathering souls to conjour an army to overtake the holy defenders' city, while the defenders protect the citizens, release the souls that are being pulled into the vampires lair, and build their own army to vanquish the vampires.

Suggested Players: 3v3, 4v4, 5v5
Map Size: 160x160
Playable: 150x148
Tileset: Lordaeron Summer

Features:
  • 8 Different heros per team
  • Custom Spells and Abilities, Items, Models, and Skins

To Do:
  • 3 Defender Heros
  • Items
  • Summoning Triggers

(Full credits can be found in the Map Info)

What I'm Looking For:
  • Beta Testers (PM me please, don't post)
  • Defender Hero Ideas
  • Misc Suggestions/Input

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Forest Town 1.jpg
    Forest Town 1.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Island Town 1.jpg
    Island Town 1.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 414
  • Island Town 2.jpg
    Island Town 2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 438
  • Island Town 3.jpg
    Island Town 3.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 391
  • Swamp Town 1.jpg
    Swamp Town 1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Swamp Town 2.jpg
    Swamp Town 2.jpg
    990.2 KB · Views: 525
  • Vampire Heros 1.jpg
    Vampire Heros 1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 500
  • Desert Town 1.jpg
    Desert Town 1.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 417

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
awesome screenshots, so, what's it's gameplay? is it an tree tag like map?

TFlan

Reaction score
Never played tree tag.

The map is from the early days of Reign of Chaos (2002 - 2005). The last released version by FM, Force Majeure, was v2.79. Here is their description:
FMVH - Vampires are laying seige to the town and the countryside. Players have 16 heros to choose from (8 hunter, 8 vampire) with whom to accomplish their goals. The vampires need to raze the hunter's town hall, the hunters need to kill a certain number of vampires (or survive 7 days).

For the vampires: You must run around collecting souls, which spawn by killing the citizens and then head towards the soul collector. By doing this the vamps will level, gain resources, and spawn zombies after the corpse decays. To win: must kill the hunters town hall.

For the hunters: Must kill the vampires by any means they can, stop the collection of the souls, and defend against any incoming attacks towards their town hall. When the souls spawn, they automatically head towards the soul collector in the vampires base, the hunters have a chance to then intercept the souls and 'rescue' them. Causing the vamps to lose their resources and the hunters to gain theirs. Hunters gain gold by killing the zombies and spawned armies. To win: kill enough of the vampires so their lives run out, or survive a week.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
What a coincidence

A few months ago i went to play FMVH and realized with the new patch it no longer worked, so i set out to make my own version, which is currently in the beta test.

Guess we will be in competition with eachother :thup:

Great minds think alike? :eek:

TFlan

Reaction score
Yea I discovered that as well. However, I was able to open the v2.79 in the editor.

Sending you a PM.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.