Vietcong 2 support

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The following is a list of known problems with Vietcong 2.

"Invalid CD Key" and "CD Key already in use" in the Multiplayer Mode
North American CD Installation
Disrupted Vietcong 2 Installation
EAX Unified Technology Not Available
Vietcong 2 Cannot Run
Stuttering Pre-rendered Cinematic Sequences

Solutions click here.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"Invalid CD Key" and "CD Key already in use" in the Multiplayer Mode
Many people have experienced problems while playing the multiplayer mode of Vietcong 2 both over the Internet and over the Local Area Network (LAN). GameSpy are making some changes to their servers, which cause the specified messages to appear while playing the game. However, the problem ought to be corrected soon.

North American CD Installation
Some people experienced problems installing the North American CD version of Vietcong 2 (e.g. the installation was not completed, which means that the game icons, EAX4 Unified Redist driver, and registry entries were not installed correctly).

It is possible to avoid this problem by copying all of the CDs contents onto your local hard drive and installing the game by running the "setup.exe" file from there.

Disrupted Vietcong 2 Installation
If experiencing problems while installing Vietcong 2 (e.g. the installer does not exceed a certain amount of progress), please return the CD/DVD-ROM to the store you purchased the game from and acquire a new disc. This problem usually indicates that the disc that you obtained with your copy of Vietcong 2 is damaged.

EAX Unified Technology Not Available
Some people using the North American CD version of Vietcong 2 experienced problems enabling the EAX Unified Technology audio feature in the game. This problem is caused by an incomplete installation of the game. It is possible to avoid this problem by copying all of the CDs contents onto your local hard drive and reinstalling the game by running the "setup.exe" file from there.

Vietcong 2 Cannot Run
Some people were not able to run Vietcong 2 after successfully installing the game. This problem may occur due to several factors: the CD/DVD drive is too old to run the CD/DVD-ROM or these are not compatible with the latest SecuROM protection (LG disc drives, in particular, are known for having this problem), or the CD/DVD drive is outdated and is therefore required to obtain a firmware update. Both of these aspects are caused by the copy protection authentication of the game.

It is possible to obtain a solution to this problem by contacting SecuROM. Open the folder, in which you installed Vietcong 2 and locate the "vietcong2.exe" file. Right click on the file, select "Launch Analysis", and follow the on-screen instructions. A file named "analysislog.sr0" ought to be available in your root directory (e.g. C:\analysislog.sr0). Send this file, as well as a "DirectX Diagnostic" report, to [email protected]. Afterwards, you ought to receive a solution to the problem in form of a corrected executable file for Vietcong 2.

Stuttering Pre-rendered Cinematic Sequences
If you are experiencing problems in form of stutter while watching the pre-rendered cinematic sequences, a corrupt driver for your video card may be the cause of this issue. Therefore, please attempt to install the newest driver available for your specified video card, or attempt to revert to an older driver version. It is important to try this solution for your soundcard as well.

If the above solution does not help, please attempt to lower the screen resolution of the game.

B

Blastyman

I have another problem. I can't get my CD key entered correctly to be Valid.

It is full of O or 0 and I can't seem to figure out if I am having a problem putting O for 0 or 0 for O or whats going on.

Is there a set format to the CD key that I can follow such as number,number,letter,letter-number,letter,number,letter- etc-etc??

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
a zero in most cd keys looks like this Ø

normally a cd key looks like this

deg03-434ds-32ad-sd23d-323vv-4dew4

P

pollesen

says cheating?

i cant join any online game. its say that im kicked for cheating. i havent cheated. what can i do?

U

Unre22

vietcong 2 key already in use

gdamn game i ganna bring it back wast of money

K

Kobrakai

pollesen said:
i cant join any online game. its say that im kicked for cheating. i havent cheated. what can i do?

You must be running someking of SW in the background... Possibly Desktop Blinds as I had that problem

F

Fujiwara6104

how come when i join online in vietcong 2 says cd-key in use?

L

Low-batt

the game can't start!!

I have a problem i can start the setings window before the game but when I puch Ok then nothing happens.

i think it might be my graphic-card it is a Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphic whit 128 mb ram

S

SAM

Hey Everyone,
i have installed the game right the single player mode works but when i go the the mutiplayer mode i cant see any sevres and when i host a game no one comes.

Why?????? CAn Someone plz help me

W

wekill4free

Im having trouble hosting a game, It keeps on putting the games on LAN for some reason, any advice? :confused:

M

mbuandme

Cd key

Hi..I am in desperate need of a cd key for vietcong 2 as the on i has tells me that it is in use.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.