"Vote now" shown instead of "Save"

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
For a while now, I've been seeing the "Vote now" button instead of the "Save" button when quick-editing my posts (not the "Advanced editing"). It's in the exact same spot, and it does save the edit, so there's no real problem here. It's just some strange bug.

EDIT: On a side note, I feel like everything I post is now something that others can vote on. I wonder if other people can vote on whether my edit was good. :p This time, I'm correctly seeing the "Save" button, so it's not as if it's happening every time.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that this might be a bug with vBulletin. Although, according to previous threads it may be a browser cache problem.

Sources: 1, 2, 3.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I think it's more likely that it's a cache problem than a vBulletin problem, since it doesn't appear to happen often.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
this has already been asked like 3 times, like undead said. if its still happening. Then we are either fixing the problem, dont know what the problem is, or it cant be fixed

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I agree with ElderKingpin. It's not like it makes a huge difference anyways :rolleyes:.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Well, it does make a difference.
If it does happen to be a vBulletin bug, then it can be reported and fixed, but only if we can diagnose it as a bug with the software. If it's a problem with cache, then at least we can have a topic about it showing at least that there is a fix for it.

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Couldn't you just edit the language file from saying "Vote Now" to saying "Save"? *looks at Ghan*

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couldn't you just edit the language file from saying "Vote Now" to saying "Save"? *looks at Ghan*

Polls would then be messed up, because they would say "Save" instead of "Vote now".

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Polls would then be messed up, because they would say "Save" instead of "Vote now".

But in context that makes more sense actually then the other way around since in a way you are "saving" your vote. That is, if that even happens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.