"Wait" action in detail

B

Blademaster_X

This might be a noob question but:
You know how "wait" actions don't work in multiplayer? You have to use "For each integer a do action" right? Can you tell me if I'm doing it right:
Event: Unit enters region
Action: For each integer A do action
-----For each ((user)-controlled player) do (Wait for 1.00 seconds)

So how is the amount of seconds determined? It waits for about 7 seconds and I have 7 players...so if I put wait for 2.00 seconds will it wait for 14 seconds?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually believe it or not, that "for loop" suggested fix for waits in multiplayer is a myth. It simply isn't precise enough in implementation, and if there is any lag at all in a game, the impreciseness of it blows out horrificly.

Timers are unfortunately the only way to 100% guarantee a precise wait. But the big problem is, there is no easy way to implement timers as waits. I have managed to figure out a way to do it, but I definitely can't explain it to anyone who doesn't have a reasonable understanding of triggers.

But don't worry, because someone from blizz has recently stated that they have fixed the wait bug issue in the expansion pack, so in 2 weeks time you don't have to worry about it at all. :)

B

Blademaster_X

I made a map with a cinematic in it, and I used the "for loop + wait" action in between each person speaking (game text messages). I tried it in mutliplayer and the result was no stops in between, which made it very difficult to read. So there's no solution to this and I should just drop the cinematic? It's a main storyline part of my map but if I have to, then, it must go...

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you going to buy the expansion pack? If not, then perhaps you should scrap it yes.....

Just stick it into cold storage for now, and get back to it in a few weeks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.