Warcraft 3 Art- Models

Lionhearte

Reaction score
So I've asked this before about a year ago, I've tried google'ing this and searching other forums, but the only responses I got were from people who either didn't know what I was talking about or said it's impossible to change, so, here's my problem! --
When selecting a building to act as my doodad, (i.e: barracks as a structure), some models contain more than one art, such as the Arcane/Cannon/Scout tower. When selecting this under the Art- Model, the file path says:
Code:
buildings\human\HumanTower\HumanTower.mdl
However, when placed in the editor, the model will periodically change from the scout and the cannon tower (though, not the arcane).

So, my question is, how do I get this to stop? Is there a path I can put to keep it as the scout tower? Or is it like others said, impossible?

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think I know what your talking about, but I'm not sure. So I think it is under "Required Animation Names"

I looked at the Scout Model, it says Scout Tower, Cannon Tower, Arcane Tower, ETC. The Cannon Model has the same names. So then I looked down on the cannon under "required animation names". Under the Scout Tower, this field is blank. But under the Cannon Tower, it says: "upgrade,second". Now, when I removed "upgrade,second", the Cannon Tower looked like a Scout Tower. When I put it back, it looked like the Cannon Tower again.

So I think that's your problem.

Lionhearte

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try this out and see if it works.

[edit]: I see what you're talking about, this does affect the model if it was a Unit, but there isn't an option to show this as a doodad only model. This gives me an idea though, and I might just have to fool around with the triggers and stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.