Warcraft III Card Game

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Is there one and if not or even if there is i am making one.
Footman
footmanex6.jpg
Rifleman
riflemanax5.jpg
Knight
knightwq2.jpg
Mortar Team
mortarteamsv1.jpg

RULES:

Deck = 45 Cards per player
Types of card -
Worker - Can use a building card to build a building.
Unit - Can attack and use abilities
Building (Passive) - Can let you search through your deck for a certain unit/upgrade/ability/hero, and reshuffle your deck. Energy values determine how many turns it takes to be able to be played.
Building (Attacking) - If attacked on the field will counter attack for however much damage it does.
Building (Farm) - Can supply extra energy.
Hero - Same as unit card except can use ability cards to use abilities.
Item - Can add stats to a unit or hero.
Ability - Cards that use heroes' mana to do certain things.
Energy - Cards that let you attack with your units or heroes, or lets you build with your workers.
Special - Game instance cards. Can be used directly such as, steal 2 energy or switch cards.
Upgrade - Cards that add permanent stats to your units not heroes.

You pick 45 of your cards in your deck and shuffle before playing. You have 40 cards in the deck, and 5 in your hand. You can have up to 10 cards on the field at a time, this is counting buildings and workers. If you have a 2 energy card you can attack with your footman if he is on the field. Then it is the opponents turn. If you had a 4 energy card then you can attack with 2 footman on one turn. Then the opponent would go. If you had 8 you could attack one of the opponents units/buildings/heroes and all of them could attack it. Only four units can attack one unit/building/hero. If, say there was a ghoul on the opponents field and you had 5 footman and 10 energy. You could only use 4 of the footman.

Energy -
    [*]2
    [*]3
    [*]4
    [*]5
    [*]6
    [*]7

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Lol the card template i made is in photoshop. If you really want to try you have to have photoshop. Im trying to make one for all the units :D.

EDIT - PROBLEM FIXED :)

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Yeah that looks pretty cool. I have been thinking of doing that forever now. I am not sure if they have a game out or not. I have seen nothing, but I haven't really been looking either. I use to make card games all the time when I was younger. My brother Matt and I would make 500+ cards with really involved game play. We did it all with watercolor though and laminated the paper cards. We had no computer. It took forever but was rather rewarding. Best of luck to you in actually completing that game. I would love to see something like it when it is finished. If you need beta testers let me know. I don't have time to make something like that now. I work full time and want to go to school. However I would love to contribute if thats something you need. Testing that is. Good luck man I hope you see it through.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Meh, the cards don't look good... but I guess you did it in a few minutes :p

The idea is good though!

but when do you regenerate Mana/HP? After every turn?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Meh, the cards don't look good.?

Well yea, they are all of different animations, they wouldn't really look good together. And the mortar...well i suppose the cards are good for such a short time.

Best of luck to you.

And yes, there already is a Warcraft Card Game

Edit: Ahg slow internet, posted twice! Can a mod/admin delete one? Thanks in advanced.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
As darkchaoself stated there is already a wacraft card game, but it's more wow style than warcraft 3.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
not a bad idea, cards need work, lol (graphically speaking)

but i'd say make buildings more of enchantments, like, u build them, and they allow for temporariy improvements or another attack(as in towers), like when u place them down, they have abilities of there own, like "Upgrade armor" and wait 3 turns or whatever and thenall units of that type would gain the armor boost. and perhaps farms could also be a controlling factor in how many units u can have on the field. towers would work as a unit, but instead they only work when under attack, and not when attacking.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Yeah i stopped updating here. I havent made much more becuase i am redoing allllll the pictures by hand now. Almost done with footman. Also i got a new card design.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Trading Cards always have like Spell cards or trap cards i say you have

Upgrade Cards and Hero ability cards

Edit:
If you already do don't bite my head off

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
I already do. *donts bite your head off*
Check the rules and because you didnt... *bites head off*

esb

Reaction score
I'm a good drawer (Black and White only, hate colors) but I don't have a scanner...soo lol
I can try to make a few card templates, if you like them you can use them :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Care to explain more about how the game works? :p

Do turns have phases? How do you get energy? What is the point of mana? How do you lose/win? Rules need to be specific, very specific.

Unit abilities should require certain things, such as upgrades.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Looks pretty awesome. If I my comp with Photoshop was working, then I would make platinum or special cards because I pwn.

Sweet idea though and cool cards.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
1 Care to explain more about how the game works? :p

2 Do turns have phases? 3 How do you get energy? 4 What is the point of mana? 5 How do you lose/win? Rules need to be specific, very specific.

6 Unit abilities should require certain things, such as upgrades.

1. Yes i care, but i am doing a skin request now.

2. Phases?

3. Energy are certain cards, those are coming soon.

4. Mana? read the abilities they say how much mana is needed.

5. Lose and win? Havent decided yet :p

6. Unit abilities take mana and upgrades give stats so they arent going to give abilities.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
>Is there one and if not or even if there is i am making one.

They have WoW trading cards, but not Wc3 trading cards.

esb

Reaction score
I could make a 'rule book" in a bit... Just the basic stuff, of course, up to you guys to edit it :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> 1. Yes i care, but i am doing a skin request now.

I meant more like "would you"...

> 2. Phases?

Example:

Combat phase. Main phase (When you summon units). Discard phase. Whatever.

How will turns work?

> 4. Mana? read the abilities they say how much mana is needed.

A unit that has 50 mana, the ability costs 25 mana and it regens 5 mana/???

Not very clear :p

What do you do with mana on the long term? How can a player use it brilliantly, and not just some mindless "activate the spell. Wait for regen. Activate the spell"

> 6. Unit abilities take mana and upgrades give stats so they arent going to give abilities.

The goal is to make a game that requires skill, and not just getting lucky on the draw.

Make sure that it is complex enough to allow that.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I like the idea of the game, it's clever (I guess) but still needs a bit more thought.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Like esb suggested, make a rule book. A BIG Rule Book. In stuff like this every single aspect of the game needs to be clarified. For example, you should make a chapter on Mana; How it's used, How it's regenerated, etc. A game without a proper set of rules is worse than a game with no winner ;)
2. Make better cards. I know you said you are doing a skin request, but there are always people who would be happy to help. Hell, just give me an hour or so and I can make you a decent card template (tomorrow though, I need my Photoshop comp :\)
3. Explain a bit more to people. I mean, how exactly would you make it so you play someone? Are you planning on introducing this to Wizard to get them to make it into a worldwide card game?

Everything I have said will take a lot of work yes, but as my grandfather says, "If something can be obtained or accomplished easily, then it probably wasn't worth it in the first place."

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i can attempt some artwork if u'd like, giv eme something to do when i'm bored. and might i suggest a flash game out of this? preferablly one wher eu can go against others, and not jsut machines, althoguh that would require quite a bit of coding....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.