Warcraft patch 1.22a and Jass New Generation Pack incompatibility.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
After applying patch 1.22a Jass New generation Pack (JNGP) doesn't function properly with World Editor. Way to get it again working was replacing World Editor executable with previous version.
Real issue was with Grimoire which had to be disabled because of patch 1.22a internal game changes. Drawback of replacing executables was World Editor setting map changes (Map Description, Region Palette and maybe Object Editor) after save back to default.

Is only way to use JGNP without bugs installing new copy of Warcraft RoC with TFT addon and patching to version 1.21b?

If yes how can I determine which game to patch? When running Blizzard standalone updater which seems automated and may pick wrong install of Warcraft.

Of topic question:

My Warcraft isn't listed anymore in Windows XP SP3 'Add/ Remove Programs' how do I get it show again?

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
You must patch your game manually.
Different patch versions can be downloaded from bliizzards site.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Lets pretend I got two full installs of Warcraft 3, how do I apply patch 1.21b to one of them? I have 1.21b standalone patch and 1.22a standalone patch.

How exactly do I patch my game manually, so far I have run patch file and it does all the job.

Thanks for reply.

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
Just change the path in the registry to your first installation and apply patch 1.22, then change the registry path to your other installation and install the other patch.

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
After you finish one install, rename the Warcraft III folder to Warcraft 3 (or whatever that doesnt really matter). Then use uninstaller (which uninstalls everything from the Warcraft III directory and resets some registry values).

Then install your second copy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.