Warhammer Online : Age Of Reckoning Fixes

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Hi, my brother and I just bought Warhammer Online and installed it only to find the game wouldn't run. A black DOS window would pop up when trying to run the patch starter (the updating program that runs prior to starting the game) and then would close down immediately.

After searching around the internet for a fix, I stumbled across this website that explained all current possible errors and some fixes. As it turned out there is something wrong with the warpatch.exe and the site links you to a working one that you can use to replace the bugged file. It worked perfectly straight after.

I'm just posting this thread so that if anyone is considering buying the game in the near future then I recommend that they should bookmark this link, as noone looks forward to installing a new game just to find it refuses to run :thup:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Nice site, my installation went completely smooth. In-game on the other hand is not that smooth :rolleyes:

Cornface

Reaction score
Maybe you need new PC.. :rolleyes:

I do. But my computer is well above the minimum requirements. But a MMORPG can't be expected to run smooth the first day of release, and it doesn't. I think this game is great this far, and can only become better.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Nice site, my installation went completely smooth. In-game on the other hand is not that smooth :rolleyes:

aha I can totally relate... took 5 steps ingame before it crashed. That led me to buy a new graphics card this morning... which in turn led me to buy a bigger power supply this afternoon. Finally everything is as it should be :shades:

Yeah I'm impressed by the game, the environment is much richer then WoW's and it's wikid how true mythic stayed to the look of the warhammer minitures. I've seen alot of awesomeness in game so far... and I'm only level 3 lol

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hit me up on Hochland (Open RvR) Level 19 Gobo Shaman :)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
19 Marauder here, im on the most populated server of them all, Dark Crag... oh jeez, the good ol 600 queues are great. Last night the server crashed about 10 times in a 20 minute perioid because as soon as it went back up everyone came on at once causing it to crash again. They have already cloned the server twice as well as extended the maximum server hold twice and people are still coming in. Top open rvr guilds in the game though, reason why I joined. Its going to be a very competitive server.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, my guild and I rolled Hochland for reasons because the main realms are so over-populated. We have que's of about 60 over here. Come join us :)

MurderMode

Reaction score
I joined Lucan, an under-populated oceanic server (I'm Australian). The way I see it.... this game is going to become huge. So right now it doesn't bother me my server is relatively empty, I can join the game immediately and level up (only been able to play 3 hours so far but my Disciple hit 7 today lol). In a few weeks more people will be playing the game, and my server will flesh out with more corpses to add to the pile. It'll basically make me the future king of the noobs... with no queues in the mean time, boo yeah

EDIT: I'm still getting the odd game crash even tho I just bought a 9800GT... is everyone getting these crashes? The only part of my system now that is at the minimum requirement is that I only have 1gig of ram in this pc... could that be the reason it is crashing?

Cornface

Reaction score
Waaagh, playing on Finuval Plains [EU] here, anyone else does? Level 15 Marauder named Worf.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.