Waygate HELP!!!

C

CorkDork

After recently getting started on the World Editor, I've determined that Blizzard should have given JUUUUST a bit more information to guide you through...

I've included several WayGates in a map, set the coordinates based on the specific Regions, activated them all, and everything else I can think of to make the damned things work to no avail. I have noticed that when I try to send a unit through the Gate, they run to touch it and then try to head, by the shortest path, to the region itslef.

What am I doing wrong???

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I've tried this myself, but if you look at one of the undead campaign maps where they use waygates, you can try and copy what they did.

Get the campaign maps from war3.mpq, using winmpq to open it up (see faq for winmpq)

edit: nice to finally meet someone from the famous town of savannah, georgia :)

C

CorkDork

Thanks for the tip!

I figured it out.... Apparently, Waygates canot be activated when you are 'testing' the map. In general gameplay, they seem to work just fine!

Thanks so much for your input and, anytime you want to experience the wind-swept beaches or historic waterfronts and square of this kick-ass town, drop me a line...

Have a great day!
Rusty

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.