Weapons system

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
not on spell damage, unit attacks should only activate on attack. which for afterlife does hero replacement so the unit's attack matched the gun it is using.
afterlife had fairly few spells, mainly just the grenades and healing items and actual hero abilities.

How goes the progress? did u make a test map yet? useful as both a proof of concept and to see what your system is missing.
Also, once you do you will be able to post ur progress and it is easier to make suggestions once we see what you already have. I made suggestions to further improve on the basic triggers I gave you but have not been updating them on my copy...seeing how far along you got will make it easier to suggest where to go next or what may be going wrong.

Xialian

Reaction score
Yeah... I've been a little busy and have not been able to make a proper test map yet, so to avoid everything going to *shit*, I wanted to make sure I understood everything before making it. It may not be the best decision (constantly asking questions), and I'm sorry if it bothers you or anybody here on this thread.

I will try making doing more stuff on it tonight and see how it goes. Will post results when done.

Edit: Stumbled into some problems with the unit, item and ability data. Names are either removed or scrambled, making it very hard to make out, which is which. Working on it.

afisakov

Reaction score
I await the outcome. Once you have a protoype it should be easier to see what is still missing or needs to be fixed.

Xialian

Reaction score
Process going very slowly. It's only intended for fun purposes between a few friends of mine and myself, of course. You might get a prototype when I'm done making it. Will probably sink a few hours into it tomorrow, as well as clear up the names.

The names got removed completely when I copied the gun trigger. It somehow copied all the units, items and spells over, but the names are completely gone. Do you have any idea how to fix this? Copying the units doesn't seem to do anything for some reason, although I might just be stupid.

afisakov

Reaction score
names, do you mean variable names?

if so then you should adjust:
File>Preferences> "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data"
then re-copy the trigger over and the variables should be created in the map.
Otherwise I am not sure what you mean by names. Names of what?

Xialian

Reaction score
No, not variable names. Item, unit and ability names are all gone for some reason. Except for the ability ones, they are just "Unknown XXXX", where X is a random number or letter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.