Weekly-Terraining-Exercises Idea (Almost like SC2Mapster)

Odus

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but since it's in the editor/terraining section, it should be right, please move it if it's not, anyways
(New Here, Hello to All)
I was thinking about making these Terraining Exercises; tell me your thoughts on Practicing Terraining Skills WTE for those inexperienced with terraining and Themed Terraining Exercise for those already experienced with terraining

PTS would practice stuff in the editor such as cliffs, heights, textures, skyboxes, lighting, and such
While TTE would be for those experienced and wish to terrain a themed exercise; ex - Jungle, Snow, Lava, Dystopian-City

Tell me what you think fellow SC2 Modders/Players...

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea although I think they could probably be combined into one. I don't know how many skilled terrainers we have on these forums though but hopefully this will trigger some activity from them.

Are you volunteering yourself to do this or should someone else organize this?

Also, I could do something similar with the data editor. Weekly Data Exercise where I give a theme and you do something based on that theme. This concept is also used on SC2mapster and I think it's a good idea.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will organize this, but I could use help...

I am willing to help, and I'm sure you will probably have the support of other Starcraft Moderators.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think trigger exercises wouldn't be too interesting. I think terrain and data exercises are enough, at least for now.

As I mentioned, I could handle the weekly data exercises.

Odus

Reaction score
So, shall I start the exercises tommorow?
Also, I think we should keep PTS and TTE should be separated because of the skills needed to do each...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you need anything done Administrative-wise, poke me. :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
im open to helping where i can but i must give you a heads up... im stretched super thin already so dont expect a ton from me (work, family, my own projects, and school combined ~110 hrs/week), but if you have something you need done pm me and ill see if i can work it in
my graphics background helps me create awesome terrain but i dont have a map thats ready for the terraining :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.