Weird problem with VS Express 2012

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Hello, it's been a while since I posted in the forums.

I recently encountered a weird problem with Visual Studio Express 2012.

I have written a software which involves a lot of try ... catch... statements. The code works as intended. The problem is that after I installed a MySQL Server on this PC, I encountered a lag during compile. I did not add any code after installing the MySQL Server. Furthermore, any Try..Catch.. statement it encounters lags the program that you'll want to close it from the task manager. One thing about it is that it only lags when debugging on Visual Studio. When you open the program manually in the bin folder, it's lightning fast and is responsive.
I tried reinstalling VS Express and it doesn't seem to fix it. What could be the problem?

NOTE: it doesn't have database codes yet so that removes it from the picture.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
not sure.. I just moved to VS 2012 (but no MySQL yet..) - have you tried adding lots of timers to see what piece of code in particular lags more than the rest?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I've relieved some lag by removing some try catch and putting ifs instead.. The problem is that some codes needs the try catch to ignore errors in parsing.

Heres something:
A first chance exception of type 'System.FormatException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

EDIT: I've fixed it.. the antivirus is blocking vshost from launching properly -_-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.