WEU - Crashes

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I know WEU causes crashes and bugs within a map, which is why it's outdated, and primarily useless... My question to you is, if you have a map that's been corrupted by WEU, is there any way to identify where exactly in your triggers the corrupted trigger is... The ones that other editors say "Function blahblahblah does not exist" and then it crashes...

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
WEU sucks and is not made for the current version of WC3 so some triggers might crash.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I know it sucks and isn't made for the current WC3 haha. And it's not a matter of them "might" crashing... they invariably crash, I already know this. I am just curious as to a simple way to find the ones that do within a large group of GUI triggers...

Asdfblah1

Reaction score
Try to convert it to NewGen or something. Open it up on NG and write down the error messages. They should be pretty obvious to fix from there.

RaiJin

Reaction score
just forget about WEU honestly its trash now D: honestly, find a way to switch to Newgen, heck even the normal editor is better than it

Zaraf

Reaction score
I actually had this. I originally started making my map in WEU, and then switched to Newgen. To open your map in Newgen, do the following:

1) Run Newgen and in the UMSWE option, check if its enabled. If it is, disable it. If it isn't, enable it.
2) Restart Newgen.
3) If UMSWE is enabled and you properly disabled,restart,enable,restart, then Newgen should start with the UMSWE splash screen instead of the normal WC3 Editor splash screen. You can now open your map.

If you still get the normal WC3 splash screen when starting Newgen, keep trying the enable, restart, disable, restart of UMSWE until it works.

I know its weird, but this is what you gotta do :p lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.