What do you think about the war beetwen Israel and Gaza?

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Which one do you take side at and why?

just wanna check what people around the world think about it, hope it's ok.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Fine with me. They should just take the entire strip out of Hamas control and have Fatah control it.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I feel that Israel is doing the right thing for protecting it's people. I just feel the Israeli military is being careless about military action. As it has destroyed many efforts to give aid to the Citizens of Gaza (Blocking aid trucks, bombarding aid boats) , destroy UN headquarters (That had tons of food, medicine and other supplies in it all gone) and have killed many citizens. So I feel that Israel should at least be blamed for something and is not completely innocent in the matter.

holy_spirit

Reaction score
I wish Israel to stop, 1100 kills in Gaza and more that 5000 injured :(
WTF, it's not fair at all, I hate Israel :mad:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I wish Israel to stop, 1100 kills in Gaza and more that 5000 injured :(
WTF, it's not fair at all, I hate Israel :mad:

I don't live in Israel (and I assume you don't ether) so its difference for us to comment but you have to realize if lets say the US is hit by Cuba... The United States wouldn't just stand by and let them do that. Of course this could be handled diplomatically, instead of just using Guns. Though in Israel's Defense: Hamas did end the treaty with Israel. So Israel has every right to try to take out Hamas. Though like I said above, It seems like they are doing it carelessly and not really caring about who gets killed.

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Never mind, Israel like always acting unwisely :nuts: and in barbarian way
sooner or later they gonna lose, I pray for that

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
The fact is the land is Palestine's; Israel does not belong there. Say what you like about it being Israel's land now, but the truth is they are an occupying force. Imagine if Russia were to invade California, occupy the land and then ask for peace. The U.S. would never stop fighting for that land. That is effectively what Israel has done (I'm not talking about Gaza, but all what was once Palestine). Palestine will never stop fighting for their land. Israel is wrong no matter what, because a the base of the issue none of it is their land.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
^ first of all Israel never invaded there - most of that land has been bought by the jewish organizations' we can't be blamed for buying the lands from them

and second of all this land never was Palestine's (nor they had any intrest in it until we came by) this land was Israel's from the first place then we were kicked out of that land by Rome and after a while the Ottoman Empire have conquered most of Asia and Europe along with Israel and some of them sat by Israel and declared it as theirs, also the name Palestine was made by Rome who called Israel by name Palestine.

and as you said the land is not the issue indeed, the issue is us and they have lots of things they wish to do to us and i sure am thankful that we are the stronger.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
The British located the Jewish population there after WW2 with little concern for the existing Arab population. Saying that it is Jewish land because they occupied it prior to the Diaspora is not a valid argument. If you are going to justify modern occupation of a region because of past territorial claims, you might as well say that most of the world is Italy's because Rome once controlled most of it. The fact is the Arabs have been aggressively forced out by the Israelis recently, therefore Israel is clearly in the wrong.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
the british didn't locate us in Israel you better learn your facts right, though they did help us during the British Mandate Period(1917-1947) but they weren't always on our side during that period.
besides those who actually decided to give independnce to Israel was the UN and on that same desiction it was made that there would be 2 states one for each of us the jews unlike the palestines took the offer and declared their independence as Israel while the Palestines couldn't take the offer to share this place therfore instead they started fighting us, they had their chance - they blew it up and it's only their own fault for being so stubborn and full of hatred.....

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Yes decided there could be two states...by taking half of the Palestinian's land. The fact is, Israel is occupying land that they didn't control roughly 60 years ago, and the people who did live there do not want Israel there.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Which one do you take side at and why?
People need to stop taking sides. It's not Israel's fault and it's not the Palestinian's fault. If you want someone to blame, blame the British, and even then it's difficult to blame to British of today for actions taken back then. I can't fault the Israeli's for defending themselves but neither can I fault the Gazans for being obscenely pissed off about being kicked off their land and being forced in large quantities into tiny areas that cannot sustain the population.

What's needed is some kind of resolution which not only gets rid of Hamas, but also establishes some kind of system where the Palestinian population can actually exist in the future with its own functioning economy. I don't pretend to know the answer, though I don't think putting Fatah back is a good idea unless they're given enough funding to both restore order and take actions to get some economic functionality going, which could require a LOT of resources.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
people need to stop taking sides. It's not israel's fault and it's not the palestinian's fault. If you want someone to blame, blame the british, and even then it's difficult to blame to british of today for actions taken back then. I can't fault the israeli's for defending themselves but neither can i fault the gazans for being obscenely pissed off about being kicked off their land and being forced in large quantities into tiny areas that cannot sustain the population.

What's needed is some kind of resolution which not only gets rid of hamas, but also establishes some kind of system where the palestinian population can actually exist in the future with its own functioning economy. I don't pretend to know the answer, though i don't think putting fatah back is a good idea unless they're given enough funding to both restore order and take actions to get some economic functionality going, which could require a lot of resources.

I completely agree
QFT!

Kershbob

Reaction score
Palestine isn't even a country though. It's governmental agendas seems to be "kill Jews".

Obviously I hold great distaste from all the little pseudozionists who are being brought up around the rest of the world.

I'm discussing this as a Brit and nothing else. So in WWI we captured the area known as Palestine (at the time it had loose borders and generally people referred to different amounts of the area by that name). We made it a neutral area not owned by us or our allies. About a year later we allowed for a Jewish state within the lands. We cut up the land with our allies into zones of influence. The bordering states gain independence eventually; Britain holds on to Palestine. After WW2 it is too costly to do so so we hand over control of what happens to the UN. The UN makes a democratic decision based on what a majority of the rest of the planet see as fair; the Jewish state accepts whereas EVERY NEIGHBORING ARAB NATION AND MILITARY FORCE ATTACKS ISRAEL.

/end

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
People need to stop taking sides. It's not Israel's fault and it's not the Palestinian's fault. If you want someone to blame, blame the British, and even then it's difficult to blame to British of today for actions taken back then. I can't fault the Israeli's for defending themselves but neither can I fault the Gazans for being obscenely pissed off about being kicked off their land and being forced in large quantities into tiny areas that cannot sustain the population.

What's needed is some kind of resolution which not only gets rid of Hamas, but also establishes some kind of system where the Palestinian population can actually exist in the future with its own functioning economy. I don't pretend to know the answer, though I don't think putting Fatah back is a good idea unless they're given enough funding to both restore order and take actions to get some economic functionality going, which could require a LOT of resources.
you know as far as i have seen the only country who actually handed any help to Gaza was Israel and not any other Arab country - none of them cares about them and the only thing they share with them is their hatred towards Israel.

If all the Arab countries would have helped the Palestine's i belive Resources wouldn't have been a problem.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Palestine isn't even a country though. It's governmental agendas seems to be "kill Jews".

Obviously I hold great distaste from all the little pseudozionists who are being brought up around the rest of the world.

I'm discussing this as a Brit and nothing else. So in WWI we captured the area known as Palestine (at the time it had loose borders and generally people referred to different amounts of the area by that name). We made it a neutral area not owned by us or our allies. About a year later we allowed for a Jewish state within the lands. We cut up the land with our allies into zones of influence. The bordering states gain independence eventually; Britain holds on to Palestine. After WW2 it is too costly to do so so we hand over control of what happens to the UN. The UN makes a democratic decision based on what a majority of the rest of the planet see as fair; the Jewish state accepts whereas EVERY NEIGHBORING ARAB NATION AND MILITARY FORCE ATTACKS ISRAEL.

/end

As a brit you should realize that this is your countries fault. Lets take a history lesson

1916 - McMahon-Hussein Correspondence - Unofficial agreement that if the Arabs in the Middle East revolted against the Ottoman Empire that the British government would give them the lands.

1917 - Balfour Declaration - Unofficial agreement that the British Gov't will support the creation of an Jewish State in palestine.

1918 - Anglo/ French Declaration - Agree to divide middle east into regions and allow the people living their to decide what government to create.

1918 - Sykes/ Picot Treaty - A secret agreement that would divide the middle east between France and Britian, with Britain controlling Palestine.

Post 1918 - French and British keep control of everything, with British kicking out many Palestenians and other natives pushing them into Syria and Lebanon. Then using authority given to them by the League of Nations and the UN create the State of Israel, and leave Israel to defend for itself.

So if Britian had not made all these promises it could not keep to win WW I then perhaps this would not be happening right now.

And if youve ever wondered why the Arabs always say kill jews or push them into the sea, they want their land back that the arabs felt the jews kicked them out of.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
The fact is the land is Palestine's; Israel does not belong there. Say what you like about it being Israel's land now, but the truth is they are an occupying force. Imagine if Russia were to invade California, occupy the land and then ask for peace. The U.S. would never stop fighting for that land. That is effectively what Israel has done (I'm not talking about Gaza, but all what was once Palestine). Palestine will never stop fighting for their land. Israel is wrong no matter what, because a the base of the issue none of it is their land.

I'm really not going to get involved in this debate. Firstly, it is poorly managed (sigh, once I'll find the time I'll have to work on the debating). Secondly, I think I stated several times my opinion. This is not the place to lead a propaganda (as Ace made clear :p). With that, I really have to correct you. Israel did not invade Palestine. At the time there was no Israel. It was not an war, and actually not much of a conflict (at the beginning). Jews immigrated to Israel. A demographic change. Happens all the time all over the world. The Jews created a big, strong community in Israel, and by that earned the right to live there. At first a suggestion of two states was offered and turned down by the Palestinians (which lead to a big war at 1947 only to end at 1948). The United Nations gave Israel the right to exist, and because of that the Palestinians HAVE to acknowledge its existence.

What is the solution to the conflict you may ask? Well, depends. A few think Israel has the right to exist between its current border, with no need to give the Palestinians any independent authority. Others, like me believe a second country needs to be created, splitting Jerusalem, however, unfortunately, not many support my opinion.

I strongly believe that Israel will not survive if the current situation continues. It seems that Israel's government is starting to understand this, as Olmert said last year, Israel will not be able to continue to exist as a Jewish country if an answer to the conflict won't be found soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.