What game should I get next?

Rad

Reaction score
I just bought Black and White 2 and Crysis. I have enough left to blow on one more game (so I can use the "I dont have that much money" excuse when I buy presents).

Which should I get?

1 - The Orange Box
2 - Call of Duty 4
3 - Timeshift
4 - Bioshock

Or suggest another? PC only. :)

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
well ive finished cod 4 and i think it was really good and a memorable game. It has a variety of single player missions my favourite would be the stealth mission later in the game. It also has some cool and realistic features (which are shown throughout the game, my favourite is one sniping a target while the wind also affects your aiming) However the single player is very short and i think i beat it in 4-6ish hours in the easiest difficulty (maybe more if harder mode). The gameplay however is very intense and has a good storyline which will leave u wanting more at the end.

i have seen a friend of mine playing bioshock. I have heard very good things about this game. I wasnt that interested of it that much (probly just my opinion).

Anyways have fun with watever u decide to buy

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
UT3. xD

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
If you like single player then Bioshock, definitely.
Two magazines in my country gave it the highest possible score (one gave 99/99 and the other 5+). I've been reading them for quite a while now and I know I've never seen the first give any game 99 points. In fact, most games are rated below 80. 90 are already godlike ones. You figure the rest.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
The Orange Box - 3 Different Games, for different types of fun.
Call of Duty 4 - Beautiful, but singleplayer is short, best at multiplayer.
Timeshift - i don't know
Bioshock - Good,fun game for single player.

It depends on what you fancy and if your into multiplayer or not.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
UT3 Owns! Play the demo and you'll see. If oyu like fast paced simple action hten thats the right game for you!

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Orange box if you like Halflife, ep2 is really good. plus its like 6 games in 1.

ninjas9

Reaction score
i really like call of duty 4. maybe you should try it. i have never tried the other games you listed. if you are interested in other pc games maybe you should try to play F.E.A.R.

imgres

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
orangebox, 5 games in one..shoot ninjas9, why dont you use edit. 5 posting and none of them are bumps.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Bioshock is the win-game. I love it, and I bet other people does too. I also suggest Orange Box if you haven't played Half-life 2 and or episode 1,2.

Rad

Reaction score
It was tough deciding between bioshock and O.B.

But I have never played through the first halflife: 2 all the way and haven't played any of the others so decided to get that. Plus I can play Portal now :)

Portal is pretty fun, slow at the beginning though... Not difficult, but just waiting for the lifts is BORING! Not very interested in TF2 until some friends buy it too. But all three of the halflife games still need my attention

I might get Bioshock when I get my next check too. I just finished the Crysis single player so now I suppose its HL2 time!

Thanks for the suggestions :)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you have a xbox 360 you can download the Bioshock demo or if your local store has it. I like Bioshock, the graphics are amazing compared to Halo 3 and Gears of War.

Timeshift on the other hand, is very fun to play, when do you get to stop/rewind time in a game? :D

Cornface

Reaction score
Speaking of which, anyone can say something about Mass Effect, I've seen it, but haven't really understood what it's all about, and if it's even good at all?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
I say go with The Orange Box. Portal is just too damned cool of a game to be passed up.

I'm sure Cornface would agree. *Points at his custom title* :D

Cornface

Reaction score
Yep, Portal is a hell of a game, too sad it so short. But still it shouldn't stop you from buying the awesome Orange box.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.