what makes one player better than another?

S

sirbartoo

what makes one player better than another? i have a friend that crushes me every time we play. what could he be doing differently than me?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
strategy maybe? or good thinking...

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
There this thing called "skill"(my name for it), not you average luck type thing, i've seen it before (mainly in card game) and have used it. I went up against someone who had the "stronger" thing but because I had more "experince" in the game I was able to win. Thsi might be a little bit vague but it's the best I can do .

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Assuming this is a melee game..

---He micros more then you do
---He spends his gold
-Attack/Defence Upgrade
-More units
---Larger Variety of units (This will create a safer army that is able to counter more, and harder to counter)
---Uses hero afectivly
-Buys more then one hero
-Uses all abilitys to full potential
-Uses shops and items affectivly
-Always healed
---Always have a town warp (Some buildings give exp like towers, burrows, and Ne trees, they can be the winning factor!)
---Creeping
-Not letting hero die
-Picking up items, selling if unneccessary
-Creep early for hero level advantage
---Unit Upgrades
-Solely buying units is a waiste, best to upgrade them for their key abilitys
---Tier
-Upgrade your tier soon as possible always, but still keepiong yourself safe, this is very easy as all races, takes some practice
-Expos (another mine) can make a huge difference, more gold means more units and upgrades sooner
-Lot of mines, if you have say 5,000 gold and 3,000wood and your maxed out, get more mines and keep expanding, if you are able to rebuild an entire army in less then a minute, you can keep attacking your enemy.
---Army micro and ability use is neccessary for winning
-Never attack someone with only an army, always take a hero
---Focus fireing is crucial for taking out certain units
-Ranged usually take out melee focus fire style
-Useful on heros
-Never follow something that is being microed back! then your following a unit you cant hit while your stuff is!
-Always allow hero movement, once your hero is stuck, their most liekly screwed
---Dont do dumb things like mass air or trolls unless you have pleanty of healing/micro/defence and some other things that keep your units safe.

If you want me to go into detail.. I guess i could :p

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
I can see it now: "Jimpy Launches new Warcraft III Battle net strategy guide!"

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I can see it now.. 500 pages long with all my beautiful Jim/Afredeneuman face avatars! :D

I'd rather help someone with battle.net melee/ladder games individually/personally, not on a forum. So.. Ask! :)

(I was ranked 850 or so at some point and level 28 so I don't say something dumb like how do we know you don't suck)

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
3 things

1 : Strategy
2 : brain / thinking / swiftness of your mind
3 : The shoes your wearing Nike - undead/nightelf/dota Reebok - human/orc/tob Vans - Ownage

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
mixmax2 said:
3 things

1 : Strategy
2 : brain / thinking / swiftness of your mind
3 : The shoes your wearing Nike - undead/nightelf/dota Reebok - human/orc/tob Vans - Ownage
4 : the person that is giving you advice must NOT be insane :nuts:

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
ugh i live in cali, so when i was in there it was 3:20 pm, just cus this forum goes by eastern time doesnt mean i do :D

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
General things that seem to help:
>Upgrading armor before weapons-saves resources by keeping troops alive longer
>Not using seige units in regular unit vs. unit combat- seige damage really is no good when it hits your own troops
>Using autocast abilities-Repair can make your idle peasants do something instead of sucking like they do, abuse moon wells, etc.
>Using shift shortcuts-Never have to move on the minimap to make more troops! Just highlight your barracks, temple, or other building and press Shift and number. Now you have a shortcut to use at any time!
>Not buying useless upgrades like flare or sentinel- really do you need these that badly? Wait until later to do that.
>Abuse each races' base defenses- Militia+Guard and Cannon Towers=very effective, Burrows loaded with Peons are much better than watch towers, etc.
>Try bizarre strategies- Take a bunch of peons and travel to your opponents' base. Then, just out of their sight, build some burrows and fill them up. Apparently, Bradygames uses this and they say it works very well unless you do it wrong.

A

Aasimir

this may take a while for you to actally master prperly, but a good tanking hero, then followed up by a healer(hint:eek:rc) will actually be very effective. if u feel like it you could get a third, and make sure you DO get sige, to take out their archers/ranged units. Hope i helped :eek:

A

Aasimir

Aasimir said:
this may take a while for you to actally master prperly, but a good tanking hero, then followed up by a healer(hint:eek:rc) will actually be very effective. if u feel like it you could get a third, and make sure you DO get sige, to take out their archers/ranged units. Hope i helped :eek:

goddamit the hint was meant to be orc but i accidently did tha hot key for that little smiley face dood

Sargon

Reaction score
Aasimir said:
goddamit the hint was meant to be orc but i accidently did tha hot key for that little smiley face dood

Just edit your post next time (click the "edit" button). Looks like you forgot the space between the : and the o.

S

sapmangat

All you need to do is think of some stratigies , know what units you'll need to beat him, and just practice and play alot

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.