What map idea do you think is the best?

What is the best map idea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sidove

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to my "Witch map idea is the best?" thread. I have been away from the TH awhile now and was thinking of starting a new map, something new and fresh, but i need you here on TH to help me to decide witch one of these 3 map ideas is the best, you are welcome to post tweaks and criticism about the ideas.

Suggestion 1:
The Pray and The Hunter
In this map in the beginning a random "Hunter" (Predator) is chosen and the rest of the players are chosen as marines. The Hunter can only use his slash ability (Knife) to kill people and The Hunter is permanently invisible, but when he attacks he will become visible and have to wait 1.75 seconds to gain permanently invisibility again. The Hunter will not be able to use the slash ability but also be able to use a bunch of non-lethal powers, as distraction abilities, darkness players (flash bang 1 target only) and more, but the The Hunter can also jump, but this jump ability only triggers automatically if he tries to reach a higher spot then him self. Now you probably think The Hunter will always win, and how will the marines target-shoot something that they cant see? The answer is that the marines also has some tricks up their sleeves, they can for instance use laser-beams that they can plant out wherever they want, and when The Hunter goes through it he becomes visible for a short period. Also The Hunter has half the health a marine has so teamwork would be essential to survive.

Suggestion 2:
The Pit
The Pit is a map kind of Mage Arena (think it's named like that, the one where you are a blood mage and need to strike your enemies out on the lava)
but there are some tweaks, the most big difference is that instead of hot lava AROUND the arena there is a pit in the middle of the map, and once getting to near the pit it will slowly drag you towards it it. And once a player is in the center of the pit he will start taking DOT damage, after 15 seconds the pit will do a mighty earthquake (only if someone is in it) and throw the player away 5 - 10 feet away. And instead of using ranged attack there are only melee attacks, and the one that you only start out with in the begging is Shield Bash (bashes the target a distance back). To gain new abilities the player need to collect money by killing other players.

Suggestion 3:
Tag
Tag is a game version of the real version, a random player start of being "it" and to transfer "it" he needs to attack another player. The players can jump, dodge and run to evade incoming taggers. The longer the match is the more taggers become it, for an example it's passed 5 min then the next one getting tagged get's to change team and become tagger (like sudden death) and then there are 2 "it" and then they need to transfer. And then it adds a "it" like that every 5 min until all have been tagged. At one match there are 4 round at the begging of every round the players have 1 minute to buy any upgrades with they're tagging score (they earn more score for every tag and more score for less getting tagged) the upgrades can be higher jumping to running faster.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Sounds the most unique.
Suggestion 1:
The Pray and The Hunter
In this map in the beginning a random "Hunter" (Predator) is chosen and the rest of the players are chosen as marines. The Hunter can only use his slash ability (Knife) to kill people and The Hunter is permanently invisible, but when he attacks he will become visible and have to wait 1.75 seconds to gain permanently invisibility again. The Hunter will not be able to use the slash ability but also be able to use a bunch of non-lethal powers, as distraction abilities, darkness players (flash bang 1 target only) and more, but the The Hunter can also jump, but this jump ability only triggers automatically if he tries to reach a higher spot then him self. Now you probably think The Hunter will always win, and how will the marines target-shoot something that they cant see? The answer is that the marines also has some tricks up their sleeves, they can for instance use laser-beams that they can plant out wherever they want, and when The Hunter goes through it he becomes visible for a short period. Also The Hunter has half the health a marine has so teamwork would be essential to survive.

I would make this one.

Roseblood

Reaction score
Honestly speaking, I have played TFT and ROC a LOT. And a lot of the time, a good game is ruined because
a) Someone can't play
b) Someone likes to be an idiot and ruin the game for others.(This happens really often in Vampire maps btw, especially in the vampire team.)
or c) the game gets repetitive or boring really quick.
If you wish to take your chances with A and B, I would suggest the predator or tag maps. Since team games are a lot of fun with a good group. But if you don't want to take your chances with having your map get lost somewhere in Warcraft cyberspace, I would definetly suggest the Warlock type of map.
Just thought I'd share my opinion ^^

Durandal

Reaction score
Suggestion 1:
The Pray and The Hunter

I really like it, however have you considered the map 'The Predator?' Someone beat you to the bunch bro

It'd still be way good though

Suggestion 2:
The Pit
The Pit is a map kind of Mage Arena (think it's named like that, the one where you are a blood mage and need to strike your enemies out on the lava)
but there are some tweaks, the most big difference is that instead of hot lava AROUND the arena there is a pit in the middle of the map, and once getting to near the pit it will slowly drag you towards it it. And once a player is in the center of the pit he will start taking DOT damage, after 15 seconds the pit will do a mighty earthquake (only if someone is in it) and throw the player away 5 - 10 feet away. And instead of using ranged attack there are only melee attacks, and the one that you only start out with in the begging is Shield Bash (bashes the target a distance back). To gain new abilities the player need to collect money by killing other players.

Sounds like Warlock

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I'm personally for the 1st one, but all those map types are too generic and overplayed...

sidove

Reaction score
I really like it, however have you considered the map 'The Predator?' Someone beat you to the bunch bro

o_O Is there already a map like that (witch is kinda famous/popular)?

sidove

Reaction score
What's the correct name of the map, cause wanna take a look at it (so it doesn't be a 100% rip off :p)? I SHALL SUCCEED! o_O

sidove

Reaction score
Thank you (+rep). Anyone with somez ideas of some improvements of what idea they like the most :)? (you get +repo for that too :p)

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Lol you do cuz it smells like S*** down there. I would make LOADSSS of custom triggered spells that is what makes predator so cool. You should go play it on b.net and see what i mean.

sidove

Reaction score
Ok everybody I'm thinking of starting the Predator map, if not more answers to the pool, i know maybe a little off topic but would you like that wasn't/needs to improve in the original The Predator map to be in my, maybe some suggestions :)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.