What skill can buff a unit again without creating a conflict with the first buff?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm trying to think how many targeted buffing skills there are in warcraft. And it seems that it is not enough for me to use. This is what the case is like.

>> I made a skill 1 based from inner fire

>> I made skill 2 also based from inner fire

>> So When I use skill 1 after that use skill 2, the first buff would go away and the second buff comes along causing a conflict between the two buffs. The two skills are totally different, and they are supposed to be stacking buffs not dispelling each other.

Their buffs are taken from different buff IDs only that the base skill itself causes this. What targeted skill that gives buff can do this instead?

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Would prefer them if they don't caue those effects on the unit. Besides, using negative buffs for a positive skill would make the buff appear to be red colored.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I believe the general rule is - only Auras stack. So you could make 5 skills based off of Devotion Aura, and they would all stack (if you make a new custom buff for each one) but your targeted Inner Fire will not stack.

:(

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Couldn't you manually add buffs to a unit with triggers? I think that would allow buff stacks...

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
^ That doesn't make sense. You can't just add a buff with a trigger. (how would the game know how *strong* the buff is?)

You could, however, make invisible dummy units next to your unit that have Auras - so your unit could be affected by the Auras (but a Player wouldn't have to know it was an Aura)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Woops. Forgot that you can only remove buffs via triggers. I agree with Bird on the aura's part....I think that would be the most efficient way of doing it.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
You "can" add buffs via triggers, kind of...

Use a custom version of the Tornado (slow) for each buff to apply, and add it to the unit you wish to buff. This would of course only serve as an icon, and any wanted effect would have to be added seperately.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.